While Samsung is preparing the Galaxy S4 Mini release date, those of xda-developers are working in providing suitable custom ROMs for the Galaxy S4 along with other tools that can be used by those who are looking forward in tweaking their smartphones. Of course, and as you might know, when trying to improve, customize or optimize the performances of your Android based device, you should start by rooting its system; the same must be applied for your SGS4 and thankfully to the xda-developers community, now we have a one-click root solution available.
Well, the one-click root tool has been released only for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 until now, but during the following days other models of the Samsung flagship will be included on the support list. Anyway, this is not the only root method available for your handset, but using a one-click program means an easier root operation and less time spending on preparing your smartphone for the unchaining procedure.
You should know that gaining root access on your Verizon Galaxy S4 is extremely important especially if you want to take your phone to a higher level of performances. So, if you are looking forward in improving the battery life, customize the looks, install custom and complex apps (like CWM recovery), or if you just want to apply a custom ROM firmware (such as CM 10.1) the root access will be required.
Of course, by rooting the warranty of your S4 will get void; this is happening because you will make changes into the internal system of your device – the factory restrictions will be removed. Therefore, be careful as if something bad happens, you will be by yourselves.
Now, below we will be checking on how to root the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 by using the one-click root solution. Before starting the update operation you will have to prepare some things and for making sure that everything will go as planned, check the list from below.
Essential pre requisites
- Backup the S4 data. It is possible to lose your personal saves because the root tool might wipe the system of your phone. So, in order to avoid the unpleasant situations save everything that’s important for you.
- Note: use backup and restore apps from Google Play; if you don’t know what tools to download or if you don’t know how to use the same, talk to us and we will develop suitable tutorials for you.
- Your device will have to be connected to a computer; so you must check the USB debugging box from your device (go to settings, the tap on applications >and finally head to development).
- As you can already tell, a computer or notebook is being required.
- If your S4 has less than 50% battery power left, it is recommended to use its charger before applying the root operation.
- It will be indicated to disable the antivirus protection from both computer and phone.
There you have it; now your Verizon Galaxy S4 is prepared for the one-click root method; head to the next section of this tutorial for learning how to properly use the one-click tool.
How to Root Verizon Galaxy S3 – One-click Root solution
- First on your computer download the rooting program.
- The download link is here so use the same.
- Unzip the root package on your computer, preferable on desktop.
- By using the USB cable connect your phone with the PC.
- Run the root app by double clicking on “run_me”.
- Follow the on screen indications.
- Wait while your handset is being rooted; don’t press and don’t change anything while the tool is running.
- When ended, unplug the USB cable and reboot your phone.
So that was all. Now you can install a custom recovery image on your device and you can also consider in updating its system with a custom ROM firmware. Congratulations, your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 has been rooted and this by using the one-click root tool provided by those of xda-developers.