CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies built has been officially released for selected devices, so now we have something new to try on our Android powered smartphones and tablets. Today we will see how to update the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE with CM12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, so if you own the mentioned phablet, don’t hesitate and check it all out.
CM 12 Nightlies represents the first official release of new CyanogenMod custom ROM, a platform that is powered by latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS. Galaxy Note 3 LTE is among the first devices to receive this update, so you shouldn’t hesitate from trying out this custom ROM. As you know, until now we only had ported versions of CyanogenMod and these unofficial ROMs were buggy and pre installed with various software related issues.
Now, the best is that the Nightlies built of CM 12 is stable and smooth and optimized for your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Thus, this Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware will work without problems on your smartphone. You will not experience bugs, lags or any other issues as you are about to flash the official release of CyanogenMod. Moreover, the Nightlies built comes will important features that will customize and optimize the Lollipop experience on your Galaxy Note 3. Bottom line, by applying this update you will be able to improve the performances of your smartphone with ease.
As you might know, CyanogenMod 12 isn’t representing an official Android update released for your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. So, installing the Lollipop firmware will be an unofficial process. Therefore, if you choose to complete this step by step guide, you will lose the warranty of your device.
Also, flashing a custom ROM requires other procedures. Thus, for being able to complete this tutorial you will first have to root your Samsung branded smartphone. Once root access is ensured you will also have to install a custom recovery image on your phone – in that matter I recommend you to choose between CWM and TWRP recovery. Root access is required because CM 12 Nightlies can be flashed only on unchained Android systems. Then, a custom recovery image must be used because the Android 5.0.2 update will come in a .zip format.
Of course, since you are about the update your Galaxy Note 3 with a custom ROM, before doing anything else you need to make a Nandroid and general backup. With the Nandroid backup you can easily save the current ROM that runs on your phablet, while with the general backup you can save all of your personal data, info and accounts. Do note that the backup process is more than recommended because a wipe will be applied during the installation process.
Other than that, a computer is required as you have to save the CM 12 Nightlies file on the same. Then for avoiding unpleasant situations from happening, from the same computer deactivate (temporarily only) any security programs that might interfere with the update process and from your Galaxy Note 3 LTE enable USB debugging option. Don’t forget to charge your smartphone before starting the update process and remember that this tutorial is showing you how to install CM 12 Nightlies on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE – the guidelines from below are compatible only with this Android powered smartphone.
How to Update Galaxy Note 3 LTE with Official CM 12 Nightlies Android 5.0.2 Firmware
- The first thing you should do is to get the CM 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop file from this page. Then, navigate here and download Google Apps package.
- Save these files on your computer first. Then, plug in the USB cable and connect your Note 3 LTE with your computer and place the downloaded files on your phone’s SD card.
- The next thing to do is to enter recovery mode on your Note 3.
- Once in recovery mode, select to wipe the system and to clear cache – just pick “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Good; you are almost done. At this point, from main menu of recovery you have to select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Just select the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 ROM and follow on screen prompts for installing the update on your Galaxy Note 3.
- Repeat the same process for flashing Google Apps package.
- When done, reboot into CM12 by selecting “reboot system now”.