The latest Android version, 5.0 Lollipop can now be updated on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900), as a leaked firmware has been spotted. Although many Android devices enjoy the sweet firmware, Samsung still seems to prolong their take on it. But, not long ago, an Android 5.0 Lollipop build has been leaked and it’s powered by Samsung’s TouchWiz UI. Having said that, if you can’t wait for the official firmware for the Note 3 SM-N900, you can install the leaked build (N900XXUGBNL8), which weights over 1.13 GB in size.
The leaked Android 5.0 Lollipop build is Odin flashable, which is a software that can install ROMs to your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone with ease, through MD5 files. Odin will get you rid of nerdy commands and makes the installation procedure user-friendly.
Before we start this tutorial, take note that it’s only relevant for a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. Installing this firmware on any other device may permanently damage it. Please proceed at your own risk, for Android Flagship won’t be held responsible for any problems that might take place during this process.
Start preparing your smartphone
- Make sure you installed necessary UBS drivers for Galaxy Note 3, from here.
- Backup of all the data you have on the smartphone, to your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode, by going to Settings > Developer Options. Your Galaxy Note 3 must be SIM unlocked, Bootloader unlocked.
- Make sure you can use a computer running on Windows; deactivate security protection from your computer before doing anything else.
- Ensure your phone is more than 80% battery charged.
- Download and extract Odin and Lollipop 5.0 Android Firmware to your computer. Next, place all downloaded files in one folder.
- Double-click Odin 3.09 to start the software.
- Verify in Odin 3.09 window if Auto Reboot and Reset Time are checked and everything else is unchecked. Afterwards, load files in their own fields, but don’t load the PIT file, because this will re-partition your smartphone and it will be an extra risk.
- Next, boot your smartphone into Download Mode by powering off your phone, then press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons altogether until the Warning screen appears. Afterwards, press the Power button to confirm and enter into Download Mode.
- Connect your Android to the computer, via USB cable.
- Once you connect, the Odin window will show the given ID:COM port on the top-left and the message Added!! will be shown in the message box, in bottom left corner.
- Click on Start button and the installation process shall begin.
- It should take a few minutes before completing the installation process and then a PASS message will be displayed, in the upper left corner.
- Immediately, your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 will reboot automatically in order for the installing process to finish.
Now, your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop, the official leaked version, with build N900XXUGBNL8.