UPDATE: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12S has been officially released for Yu Yureka; thus, you can now learn how to manually update your device to stock CM 12S firmware.
Yu Yureka comes pre installed with CM11 right of the box, which means that the phone is currently offering a KitKat based Android experience. Anyhow, even though this device is powered by default by the CyanogenMod platform, there aren’t any Lollipop updates available yet – of course I am talking about CM 12 Nightlies.
Thus, if you want to skip the wait, you can now choose to flash an unofficial port of CyanogenMod OS on your own Yu Yureka. The update process will be detailed during the following guidelines, so if you are prepared to test Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your own smartphone, don’t hesitate and check it all out.
Even though we don’t have the Nightlies built of CM 12 released for your Yu Yureka, this unofficial port is stable enough for a daily use. According to the devs – those of xda-developers – and to the users who have already flashed the ROM, there aren’t any major software related issues included on this CM12 release. So, you can safely install Lollipop firmware on your smartphone.
But, before doing so, you first root your Yu Yureka. Also, you need to install the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery on your phone, or else you won’t be able to complete this step by step guide. Moreover, other pre requisites are also required, so before doing anything else, read this dedicated tutorial and learn how to prepare your Android smartphone for the update process that will shortly follow.
As it is detailed during the mentioned step by step guide, you now need to backup the data that is stored on your Yu Yureka. You should complete a general backup operation for saving personal data, info and accounts and you should also apply a Nandroid backup for saving the current CyanogenMod firmware that runs on your phone.
Moreover, you have to note that you are about to perform a custom operation. Thus, flashing an unofficial port of CyanogenMod will make you lose your Yu Yureka warranty. So, you must be careful when applying the steps from below as you don’t want to mess things up – taking your phone back to service for fixing possible software related issues will imply in paying for the technical assistance.
Well, that’s it for now. Before applying CM 12 on your Yu Yureka, remember that there are other custom ROMs available for your phone too – like AOKP or Paranoid Android. So, choose the firmware that you prefer the most and ensure that you will receive a proper Android 5.0.2 Lollipop experience.
How to Install CM12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Yu Yureka
- First of all, download the CM 12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware file for your Yu Yureka – get the file from this page.
- Save the update package on your computer and don’t unzip the file.
- Also, note the Google Apps package is not included on the Lollipop update, so you will have to download and flash this file separately.
- Connect your Yu Yureka with your computer.
- Place the downloaded CM12 update file on your phone and unplug the USB cable.
- Boot your Android device in recovery mode.
- From recovery wipe the system and also clear cache: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Then, from main menu of recovery choose “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the CM 12 custom ROM file and install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Yu Yureka.
- In the end, go back to main menu of recovery and select “reboot system now”.
Well, that was all; that’s how you can install latest version of CyanogenMod along with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware on your Yu Yureka. Do tell us how things worked for you and stay close for further step by step guides.