Do you have problems with your Galaxy S6? If you can’t manage to use your smartphone properly, you might have to consider in making a hard reset. If you want to learn more about this dedicated operation and most important if you want to learn how to hard reset or factory reset your own Samsung Galaxy S6, don’t hesitate and read the lines from this tutorial.
As pointed out during the introduction from above, the hard reset operation is also known as a factory reset – the result obtained is the same, though the terms are somehow describing two different processes. Anyway, making a hard reset basically wipes the system of your Galaxy S6, which means that everything that’s saved on the internal storage memory of your phone will not be erased.
Also as mentioned already, the hard reset operation is usually applied when software related issues are being involved. Since the internal system of your Galaxy S6 will be cleaned, the hard reset / factory reset operation can be a real life saver in term of troubleshoot solutions – you can easily address issues like boot loops, different lags and bugs, force close errors, battery drain, heating problems, total blackouts and other similar software issues.
But, since the data will be wiped out, the hard reset is also used when someone is trying to sell his Samsung Galaxy S6, just for protecting his personal data, info and accounts. Therefore, what you have to conclude: you mustn’t go any further without backing up your data, or else you will lose everything that you have saved on your SGS6.
Good; so, now you are ready to learn how to actually hard reset your phone. Well, in that matter follow and apply the guidelines from below.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S6
Make the factory reset by using internal settings
- On your Galaxy S6 tap on Menu.
- Then go to Settings.
- Head towards Backup and Restore option.
- From there choose “Wipe Data Factory Reset”.
- Agree with the prompts and also choose whether to wipe the SD card or not.
- Wait while the factory reset process is being automatically completed.
Hard Reset through Recovery mode
- On your Galaxy S6 enter recovery mode.
- From recovery mode select the “wipe data factory reset” option.
- Optional: choose “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache” if you want to clear cache.
- Wait while your Galaxy S6 is being hard reset.
- When done, from main menu of recovery select “reboot system now”.
So that’s how you can complete a hard reset operation on the new Samsung Galaxy S6. Stay close for further similar tutorials and also share your thoughts with us by using the comments field from down below.