We know that you must be excited about your shiny new HTC One M9, but you don’t need us to tell you that after a while, you will encounter some issues (if you haven’t already). Maybe you have saved too many photos and videos on your phone and you feel that somehow, it doesn’t really work as before or maybe it suddenly freezes and you are worried or it is too slow. In all these cases, making a hard reset on your HTC One M9 is the best solution.
Isn’t this handset what you were expecting at? Are you already thinking of selling it? You should perform a hard reset before you hand it over to its next owner. You probably know that it’s best way to keep your information private and secure, so make no mistake or you might regret it later. By initializing this process, you will lose all the data stored in your HTC One’s M9 memory and this is exactly what you need in case of selling it.
However, if you dont have the idea of selling it in mind, than it’s important to note that if you complete a HTC One M9 hard reset, this will delete all data, apps, and settings from the smartphone. For this reason, you must back up your HTC One M9 data to prevent any important file, contact, song, photo, video and so on from being lost. The way that you can use to back up data on your HTC One M9 is by going to Settings > Backup & reset, while for the rest of your files you can use a proper backup app or service.
And if you are worried, let us confirm that this operation has been tested on the HTC One M9, so you can be sure that the steps from below will work properly and wont damage your phone in any way.
How to Hard Reset your HTC One M9 (Hardware factory reset):
- For the start, you have to turn it off, so just press power button and select Power off;
- Wait while your device is shutting down;
- Then, press volume down button and power button together until you see the HTC logo on the screen;
- When the logo is displayed, let go of the power button, but keep pressing the volume down key and then press once more the power button;
- Once you do that, on your HTC One M9 the factory reset menu will be displayed;
- Press power button in order to agree;
- Wait while the hard reset is being completed.
How to Hard Reset your HTC One M9 (Software factory reset):
- Tap on the Menu icon;
- Then, open Settings;
- Choose Backup and factory reset;
- Tap on Reset phone;
- You can also choose to Erase SD card, if you want;
- Tap OK. You are done!
If this was useful, please share to help others and leave us a reply! And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask us and we’ll do our best to help you as soon as possible.