If you own the new HTC One M9 and you are already thinking of unlocking and rooting your new smartphone, then the bootloader must be standing in your way. Unlock it and like that you’ll and open the gates for rooting, flashing Custom Roms, Xposed modules, tweaks and more and don’t worry: we are here to guide you all the way.
Well, we’re going to show you every step of this procedure, but before you jump in, you must take note of some important aspects. First of all, we want you to be aware of the fact that this operation will void the warranty of your HTC One M9. HTC will no longer guarantee the full functionality of your handset, so, if something bad happens, you are the only one to be blamed. We won’t take any responsibility for any damage or problem, so make no mistake!
All your precious data will be deleted during the unlock bootloader process. We recommend either to perform this operation while your One M9 is brand new, or you must backup your data before starting it. You must also make sure that your smartphone is properly charged. Your device should have at least over 60% of battery charge or the handset has big chances to power off during the process and to get that bricked due to this thing.
Even more, prepare your PC by disabling the antivirus programs installed there as it could interfere with this procedure of unlocking your handset’s bootloader. You must also install the USB Drivers of your HTC One M9 smartphone on the computer before starting the operation and don’t forget to prepare the original USB cable as you are going to need it later on.
Do you think that this is all? Just enable the USB debugging by going to Settings->Developers options-> USB Debugging box and then confirming it, as well as the Developer Options (go to Settings>> About phone>> and tap on Build number seven times in order to enable Developer options) and you are ready to go!
How to Unlock HTC One M9 Bootloader:
- For the start, download ADB & Fastboot file from here;
- Go to HTC Dev site for registering an account;
- Verify your email address from your email inbox as you have to receive email regarding the verification;
- Here you must login with your account details;
- Then, click on the Unlock bootloader;
- Choose Get started;
- Now, disconnect your phone from the computer and boot it into Bootloader mode;
- Switch it off;
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until you see Locked on the top of the screen;
- Go to Boot to Download Mode;
- Tap the Power button to select it;
- Go the folder where you downloaded the adb_and_fastboot_files.zip file;
- Extract it;
- Open a command windows;
- Now, you must type: fastboot oem get_identifier_token;
- You will see a long text of token. You have to copy this token text to the webpage directly;
- You will receive an email from GTCDev with Unlock_code.bin attached with the email;
- Download it;
- Then, transfer it the extracted folder of adb_and_fastboot_files.zip;
- Close the command prompt window and open it again;
- Type this code: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin;
- You will be asked you to confirm the Bootloader Unlock;
- Confirm your action;
- Then, press Power Button to select it;
- Your HTC One M9 will reboot and the bootloader will be unlocked, just as you have wanted it to be!