Are you looking for a method to hard reset your new LG G4 or are you simply interested to find out more about this default Android operation, even if it is not the case to apply it?
Here I am to help you in both these situations and after reading this guide, you’ll get a clear view on things even if you are a newbie who has never done such an operation ever before.
The hard reset procedure (also known as a factory reset) means a wipe or a full erase of data in order to restore your LG G4 to its initial state. Why should you do perform such a tutorial? Well, hard resetting is the ideal operation when trying to fix different problems such as when your phone starts to slow down, or when a bug is really annoying and regular troubleshooting fails to fix it.
The story is similar when you are disturbed by bugs, force close, alerts, battery drains and even more, you can also choose to factory reset your LG G4 if you are planning to sell your phone as I know for sure that you don’t want to share your personal data with a strange person.
And the very same procedure is required within other custom operations among I can mention installing custom kernels, updating with the latest custom ROMs, gaining root access and not only; in all these cases, the procedure cannot be completed without a full wipe.
This operation is official so you will not lose the warranty of your LG G4 while completing the actual hard reset. But you still have to be careful, as you will lose all of your data during this hard reset procedure.
That’s why, before starting the steps from below, you should backup all your precious data that you might need afterwards including your contacts list, text messages, call logs, apps, internet settings, images, videos, audio files and other personal info and accounts. You must also verify the battery status of your phone before applying the above procedure or the handset might turn off in the middle of the hard reset process and get bricked.
Hard Reset your LG G4 with ease by accessing the phone’s settings:
- Enter in your phone’s settings;
- Then go to User and Backup section;
- After that, select Backup;
- Pick Reset;
- You’ll be asked to put in your phone’s password/PIN/pattern if you’re using one, so don’t skip this step;
- After doing that, you’ll be given one last warning, reminding you that this is not reversible and will erase all your personal data on the device.
- If this is what you want, don’t hesitate to hit the Reset phone option;
- Wait while your LG G4 will be automatically wiped out.
Hard Reset your LG G4 with ease by using the hardware keys:
- Turn off your LG G4;
- Press Power and Volume down keys at the same time;
- Wait for the LG logo to appear and release the buttons;
- Then, you have to press Volume down and Volume up buttons at the same time as well;
- Release the keys only when the hard reset menu is displayed on your smartphone.
Have you managed to apply this tutorial on your LG G4? Stay close for further tutorials for the very same handset and let me know if you need any help.