Do you want a change for your Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Wi-Fi tablet? CyanogenMod 12 Final is a stable Android 5.0.2 based custom ROM, which might be just what you have wanted for your Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Wi-Fi; however, don’t go directly to the installation guide before checking all the guidelines from below.
Here I am to help you with all the necessary files and steps, but before starting the installation of CM12 ROM, your Tab Pro 10.1 WiFi has to be rooted and keep in mind that CM 12 can be installed only by using a dedicated software: a custom recovery image, like CWM or TWRP recovery. Even if you have a custom Recovery, it’s not enough as long as it needs to be upgraded to its latest version in order to support the installation of a brand new Android 5.0.2-based ROM.
The USB Debugging Mode has to be enabled (this can be done by going to ‘Settings’, then Applications followed Development and ticking the box next to USB Debugging option) and do not hesitate to complete a general backup operation for saving all your personal data, info and accounts that you still want to use after the procedure.
Even more, make sure that the battery level is at least at 60% so that the Android device won’t power off during the operation. As for your computer or laptop, prepare it for this procedure too, so deactivate the security protection only during this guide and then, reactivate it.
Use the provided tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Wi-Fi and do not attempt to update any other devices with the CM 12 files that you will find in the tutorial. This procedure is not an official one which also means that you will lose the warranty. Taking your tablet back to service for fixing possible software related issues will imply paying for the technical assistance unless you use this guide on How to restore the warranty.
And I want to e clear about something else: I cannot be held responsible in case you brick your Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 tablet in the process. This is just your responsibility to assume! Now, you are ready to move to the guide:
How to Install CM 12 Final Android 5.0.2 ROM on your Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Wi-Fi:
- Download the CM 12 zip file with the help of this link;
- Then, here you can find the Gapps for CM 12 ROMs;
- Transfer the downloaded files to your tablet’s internal storage by using the original USB cord;
- Power off the tablet;
- Next, you have to boot it in Custom Recovery Mode;
- Start the ‘factory reset’ process, so select select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ for CWM or the ‘wipe’ options for TWRP;
- For CWM, choose ‘install zip from sdcard’, followed by ‘choose zip from sdcard’;
- For TWRP, select ‘install’;
- Find the CM 12 ROM zip file and confirm the process.
- Install the Gapps zip as well, in the same manner;
- Then, simply reboot the tablet in normal mode after all the files are installed with success.
Have you completed the CM 12 Snapshot ROM installation on your tablet? In case installation fails or if you encounter any problem, tell me all about it and be sure that I’ll do my best to help you.