Are you aware of the fact that Galaxy S5 is now receiving the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop StageFright Security update from Verizon and Samsung? This update is sent to fix the StageFright security bug and if you are the owner of the already mentioned Android based device, I know that you must be interested.
Nobody wants his Verizon Galaxy S5 to end up infected with a serious virus, but it seems that this is exactly what’s happening with numerous Android devices which are now facing a virus known as StageFright.
As you might have heard, it can easily copy the user’s data and it can delete it all via a simple text, but Samsung and Verizon have done an excellent job when it comes to ensuring the security of its users and released the StageFright security update.
So, all the users who want to flash this new Android Lollipop StageFright security update on their Verizon Galaxy S5 can apply the steps from this procedure, but no before being prepared for that.
For the start, you have to enable the USB Debugging option from Developer Options menu (if you can’t find the Developer Options, then you should enable it from Settings> About Phone, where you must press 7 times on the Build Number text) and take a backup of you all important data. However, if your Verizon Galaxy S5 phone is running on stock Android firmware, feel free to continue straight to the updating process as long as no data will be lost in the process.
As you see, for the updating process you will use the Odin app, which requires the USB drivers to be installed and don’t forget that any antivirus app should also be disabled if you want to run Odin on your PC with no sort of problems. And don’t forget to check the battery charge level of your Samsung Galaxy phone; it has to be over 60% or you risk damaging it if it turns off during the procedure.
How to Install Android 5.0.1 Lollipop StageFright Security Update on Verizon Galaxy S5:
- Download the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop StageFright Security firmware with the help of this link;
- Also download Odin3 v3.10.6 from here;
- Power off your device;
- Now, it’s time to boot it in Download Mode;
- Don’t hesitate to open Odin exe on your PC;
- Connect your handset to the computer by using the USB cord;
- Verify that the ‘Re-partition’ option is disabled or the procedure won’t be successful;
- Next, click the AP button in ODIN;
- Then, you have to go to the firmware file;
- Load it in Odin;
- Tap Start to begin the updating process;
- When the update is done, your Galaxy S5 will reboot itself in few minutes;
- Now you can disconnect your smartphone from your laptop/PC.
That’s all. You have successfully updated your device to 5.0.1 StageFright update, so stay relaxed as long as your device is out of risk.