Are you thinking of the possibility to flash Philz Recovery on your Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530F/FZ device? Philz Touch is a modified version of the popular Clockworkmod recovery. It has all the features from CWM along with some additional functionalities and features like a revamped UI and a touch interface, so there’s no surprise that many dream of this custom recovery.
Before starting the actual procedure for your Galaxy Grand Prime, there are a few things that you have to take in consideration: saving all of your data is necessary in order to be sure that you can use it later, even if an error occurs during the procedure.
Even more, you have the chance to enable the USB Debugging on your Grnad Prime, so tap several times on Built Number – from Menu – Settings – About phone; then, enable the USB debugging Option (check this option from Menu – Settings – Developer Options) and make sure you have the appropriate Samsung drivers installed on your PC and that you have disabled the security apps or the antivirus as they tend to interfere with the flashing operation.
Don’t start the Philz Recovery guide before verifying that you have charged your Galaxy device at least up to 60% of the battery and don’t forget that this guide can be applied only to Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime – the SM-G530F or SM-G530FZ versions.
Therefore make no confusion which can lead to damaging it or bricking it. The Philz recovery is modified for these two variants, but users have reported it to be working on SM-G530M and SM-G530H, G530BT (Brazilian) as well. However, I do not advise you to use it on these models.
This is your responsibility to assume, so if something bad happens, don’t point your finger towards me.
How to Flash Philz Recovery on your Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530F/FZ:
- Take the cwmo.tar file for your device with the help of this direct link;
- Download the Odin.zip file from here;
- It’s time to extract the file on your PC. You will get the Odin3_v3.10.7.exe file.
- Turn off your phone;
- Then, you have to boot it into the Download Mode, so press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds. When you see the warning screen with a yellow triangle sign, you just have to press the Volume Up key to enter Download mode;
- Open Odin as administrator to get to the Odin window;
- Connect your Galaxy Grand Prime to the PC via the USB cable;
- When you connect the device, the ID:COM port on Odin will turn Blue. You’ll also see“Added!!” message;
- You must click AP button on Odin and add the firmware file (cwmo.tar);
- In the Options section, make sure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked;
- Up next, tap the Start button on Odin and the Philz Touch CWM Recovery installation will begin;
- Have patience until you see a PASS! message on Odin;
- Then, your device will restart.
For any queries, comment in the area from below.