Xiaomi has announced the launch of MIUI 7 global beta ROM 5.8.22 for its smartphones, but you know that such updates take time, so don’t get too excited. It’s a matter of weeks (if not even months) until the MIUI 7 update will become available for Xiaomi smartphones over-the-air (OTA) and I know how disappointing this can be for those of you who don’t like waiting.
Anyway, I have a solution for you as well. Do you know that you can manually download and install the Android build on your Xiaomi Mi 4i right away? The ROM is based on the KitKat firmware, but be sure of the fact that the user interface has been revamped, making it similar to the MIUI 7, so you’ll definitely love it.
The new MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Mi 4i comes with lots of improvements and features and yes, it is 30% faster than the previous version of MIUI 6. Besides that, many of the users of this ROM has reported it as being stable, so you have nothing to lose.
You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your Xiaomi Mi 4i and you must have the device’s drivers installed on your PC, so that you can transfer the ROM file to your device’s storage. On your computer, I also advise you to or deactivate the antivirus applications as they tend to disrupt the procedure.
You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while and don’t forget to backup all your internal storage files, just in case something does not go according to the plan. Taking a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM is ideal, so don’t skip this step. However, you should know that this will void the warranty left on your handset and that you risk bricking it if you mix or skip the steps from below. Don’t say that I have not warned you, just as you have to apply this guide only on your Xiaomi Mi 4i. Do not try it on other devices.
Don’t hesitate to clear any doubts before proceeding and as I always tell you, I won’t be responsible for any mishap. Apply these steps at your own liability.
Install MIUI 7 ROM 5.8.13 on your Xiaomi Mi 4i:
- To get started, download the MIUI 7 ROM from here;
- Now transfer the files into your device’s internal storage by using the USB cord;
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery by pressing and holding volume down and power keys at the same time;
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup; in order to do that, tap on backup option and choose the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS;
- Return to the main menu;
- Tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe, Dalvik Cache, System,Data, and Cache;
- You have to swipe right to confirm;
- Go back to the main menu;
- It’s time to tap on Install option;
- Go to the ROM file and select it;
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with installation.
- The ROM will be installed, so have patience;
- Your device will automatically reboot and have MIUI 7 installed.
For more tutorials, head to our How To section.