Are you aware of the fact that the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA Update with Microsoft applications is finally available for the International Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge version? However, I bet that many of you don’t get along too well with the idea of simply sitting and waiting for the official update to arrive in your region, so you can learn how to successfully update your device with the help of this manual guide right away.
In order to be on the safe side, you have to create a complete Nandroid backup of your Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone before applying the new Android 5.1.1 G925FXXU2COH2 Lollipop firmware; and, furthermore, you have to enable the USB Debugging option from the Developer Options menu.
If the option is nowhere to be found, then you should enable it: go to Settings> About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number section. Then, go back to Settings, scroll down and there you should find the Developer Options. Now, you can finally open Developer Options, scroll through the menu and tick the USB Debugging check box.
You will need a PC along with the original USB cable of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to finish this Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update. And don’t forget that for Odin3 v3.10.6 to work, you must deactivate Samsung KIES from running. The story is the same for any antivirus app which should also be blocked from running while applying the steps from this procedure as long as it can stop Odin from flashing the new firmware on your phone.
No less important, you must also install the Android SDK files on your PC since you have to execute some abd commands and install the device’s drivers on your PC for an easier connection. And you must also keep at least 60% battery backup on your smartphone in order to avoid the unpleasant situation of seeing it turning off during the Android 5.1.1 G925FXXU2COH2 operation.
And make no confusion: this procedure is for the International version of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone only, so your phone’s model number should be SM – G925F. In order to be sure, check the version of your device under Settings> About Phone menu and don’t continue in case of owning any other model.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G925FXXU2COH2 on Galaxy S6 Edge:
- Take the G925FXXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 firmware archive with the help of this link;
- Extract the files from the archive;
- You will have the G925FXXU2COH2 tar.md5 file, so save it on your PC;
- Also take Odin3 v3.10.6 from here;
- Do not hesitate to extract the Odin zip contents on your PC;
- Turn off the device;
- It’s time to boot the Galaxy S6 Edge in Download Mode;
- Launch Odin exe on your computer;
- Connect your smartphone to the PC by using the original USB cable;
- Verify that the ‘Re-Partition’ option is disabled;
- Tap the AP button in order to start the Android 5.1.1 installation;
- Locate the G925FXXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 firmware tar.md5 file;
- Up next, you have to load it in Odin;
- Confirm the installation process;
- Then, your Galaxy S6 Edge will reboot in normal mode.