Xiaomi has announced the release of MIUI 7 global beta ROM 5.8.22 for its smartphones, but understand that the MIUI 7 update is not available for Xiaomi smartphones over-the-air (OTA) just yet.
So all those users who don’t want to wait and are simply eager to update their Redmi 2 devices should keep on reading this tutorial. Do you also want to take your user experience to the next level? Then, you have to follow the below guidelines in order to install MIUI 7 on your Xiaomi Redmi 2.
All you need is a custom recovery already installed on your Xiaomi Redmi 2 as you have to flash a .zip Android firmware file on your phone. The process is simple and takes no more than a few minutes to complete the installation process, but you can get into trouble in case of skipping the preparatory steps.
So, backup all your data before installing MIUI 7 as this operation will wipe it from your Xiaomi device except for the internal storage and enable the USB debugging mode in your smartphone. For that, enter into Developer options by following this path: Settings -> About Phone (tap several times on the build number to enable Developer options). Up next, go this path: Settings -> Developer options -> USB debugging and tap on the box to enable USB debugging.
Ensure that your smartphone has at least 60% battery backup in order to safely complete this guide and don’t forget to uninstall or deactivate antivirus applications in your computer as they tend to disrupt such procedures.
The firmware installation procedure described below has been tested successfully, but it does not necessarily mean that it’s risk free. Make no mistake while applying the steps from below and assume your responsibility.
How to Enjoy MIUI 7 on your Xiaomi Redmi 2:
- Here you can find the MIUI 7 ROM package that you need to take on your computer or laptop;
- You have to use the original USB cord to connect the Xiaomi Redmi 2handset to the computer;
- Move the ROM package to the internal storage of your handset;
- Then, you have to press the power button to turn off your device;
- Then, you have to boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume down and power keys at the same time;
- Once the phone in recovery mode, perform a Wipe cache;
- Also perform a factory reset;
- Up next, you have to go to ‘Install’;
- Choose the MIUI 7 ROM;
- Swipe the confirmation button to start the installation;
- Return to the main menu of recovery;
- From here, you have to reboot the phone.
That was all for now. Do not hesitate to share your experience with me through the comments field from below.