You have seen that you can install MIUI 7 on a variety of Android based devices, but what about your Xiaomi Redmi Note? Isn’t it in the list as well? Be sure of the fact that it is and here I am to tell you how you can flash MIUI 7 on Xiaomi Redmi Note.
However, don’t jump straight to the actual operation, but take your time to read the preparatory steps:
First of all, you need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your Xiaomi Redmi Note and make sure you backup all your precious data. Let me remind you the fact that this MIUI 7 update process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage, so this step is mandatory.
For the installation operation below you will also require a computer and your phone and the original USB cable must be near you as well. On your Redmi Note do not hesitate to enable USB debugging; to be more precise, you have to gain developer options, so tap several times on built number from Menu – Settings – Developer options.
Then, you also need to check the battery status of your device– if the power left is lower than 60%, you don’t really need me to tell you to plug in the charger before resuming the guidelines from this tutorial or you risk bricking the device.
Is there something that doesn’t make sense? Ask me now or it might be too late for that; understand that I am not responsible if you brick or damage your device, so proceed at your own risk.
How to Flash MIUI 7 on Xiaomi Redmi Note:
- Here you can find the MIUI 7 ROM package for your Xiaomi Redmi Note device; take it right away;
- You have to use the original USB cord to connect the Xiaomi Redmi 2 handset to the computer;
- Move the ROM package to the internal storage of your handset;
- Then, you have to press the power button to turn off your device;
- Up next, you have to boot into recovery mode by simply pressing and holding volume down and power keys at the same time for a few seconds;
- Tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe;
- Choose Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache;
- You have to swipe right to confirm;
- Up next, go to ‘Install’;
- Choose the MIUI 7 ROM;
- Swipe the confirmation button to start the installation;
- Go back to the main menu of recovery;
- At the end, do not forget to reboot the phone.
Have you completed the procedure? Tell me more about your experience in the comments area from below.