Meizu MX4 owners are ready for some great news as long as they can finally install the CM 12.1 custom ROM on their devices as well. You probably know that the listed CyanogenMod 12.1 is an unofficial built which is not coming straight from CyanogenMod, but this is your chance to get the Android 5.1.1, so go for it!
Those who have already tested it revealed that the Android 5.1.1 based ROM works without any major problems, so there is nothing stopping you from safely flashing the Lollipop CM12.1 firmware on your own Meizu MX4.
Even though there are no lags, bugs, or other software related issues, you still have to understand that this will void the warranty of your phone and that you are the only one who has to assume the responsibility for the safety of your handset. Every single mistake could easily lead to bricking it, so be careful!
First of all, the guide that you can find here is only compatible with only Meizu MX4 Android Edition 18.104.22.168A or 22.214.171.124I variants. Do not try it on any other device or version! An Unlocked Bootloader is required too in order to flash a custom ROM on this device and you must also have a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on the phone (use any other option at your choice). Then, note that you must have the device’s drivers installed on your PC, so that you can transfer the ROM file to your phone’s storage and you must also go to Menu – Settings – About phone and tap several times on Built Number for gaining Developer Options.
Up next, also from your Meizu MX4, check the USB debugging option – this feature can be found under Menu – Settings – Developer options and don’t forget some other important aspects: you must fully charge your Meizu MX4 device or at least to 60%, as the operation may take a while and don’t forget to back up your important data.
How to Install CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Meizu MX4:
- For the start, you have to download the CM12.1 firmware file from here on your PC;
- Also download Google Apps package which can be taken from here;
- Connect your smartphone with the computer with the help of the USB cord;
- Move the downloaded files on your device;
- Then, you have to unplug the USB cord;
- Now, turn off your Meizu MX4;
- It’s time to enter recovery mode;
- You have to wipe the system of your phone;in such conditions, select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”;
- Then, return to main menu of recovery and from there select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”;
- Choose the CM12.1 firmware file and load it;
- Install the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS on your phone;
- Complete the very same steps with the Google Apps package as well;
- That’s it. Reboot your device by entering the following command for the changes to take effect: “reboot system now”.
Has was the procedure? Have you completed it? Let me know more about your experience while applying this tutorial in the comments area from below.