The Android 4.4.4 KitKat update is right now being rolled for your T-Mobile Galaxy S4. This update specifically intends to fix the StageFright Security bug that attacked so many Android devices up to now (to be more precise, it lets attackers to access a smartphone after opening a MMS video).
However, this bug has finally been fixed and now is rolled in the form of this update for your Galaxy S4 device, so if you are not comfortable with the idea of waiting for the OTA to reach your handset, you can follow this below given step-by-step guide to flash the T-Mobile KitKat M919UVUFOH3 firmware on your own phone.
Before starting the actual update to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, you must take a look on some pre-requirements and most importantly, you have to use this post only with the T-Mobile variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. Therefore, I strongly recommend you to check the model number under About Phone menu and make sure that it is the SGH – M919 or else you risk bricking your handset.
Your PC or laptop must be pre-loaded with Samsung’s G4 drivers since they are the ones which will help you connect your device to your PC/laptop and do not leave aside the fact that Odin3 v3.09 is the application that you will use in order to manually install the update on your Galaxy S4. So, in order to be successful, you have to disable Samsung KIES, as well as any other antivirus application that might stop the operation.
Also enable USB Debugging from Developer Options and do not forget to keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before getting to the procedure in order to avoid any unpleasant surprise.
How to Flash Android 4.4.4 KitKat on T-Mobile Galaxy S4:
- For the start, you have to download the M919UVUFOH3 firmware archive for your Mobile Galaxy S4 from here;
- Do not hesitate to extract it to the desktop of your PC or on your laptop;
- Download Odin3 v3.09 from here as well;
- Turn off the phone;
- Enter your device into download mode by and then pressing its Volume Down, Power and Home buttons at the same time; after that, press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appears on your screen in order to proceed to the next step;
- Then, you have to connect the handset to your PC via its original USB cable;
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful;
- Now, it’s time to launch Odin on your computer or laptop;
- You have to click on “AP/ADB” in Odin;
- Select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted folder;
- Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked;
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin;
- Now, you have to tap the “Start” button;
- Wait until your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 restarts.
For further detailed guides, keep visiting us! We are never taking a break.