The CyanogenMod 12.1 Stable builds are finally available for your Verizon LG G3 as well, so now you can enjoy a smooth Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on your own smartphone.
The CyanogenMod developers are once again tempting us with impressive goodies, so what are you waiting for? Do you want to flash CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Stable ROM on your Verizon LG G3? If you are, then don’t hesitate and read all the guidelines from below.
I am here to support you, but first, before applying the proper steps, I recommend you to back up your precious LG G3 data. Take a proper backup of all your important data and settings before proceeding to the CM 12.1 installation guide; like that, in case anything goes wrong you’ll still be able to restore your data and go back to normal.
You have to make sure that you can use a computer or laptop, your phone and its USB cord which is prepared for the operation. So, the security programs which are running on your handset and computer must be deactivated.
Your Verizon LG G3 must have enough battery life (at least 60%) for facing the challenges of such an Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom update, so find the charger and plug it now. It might be too late to do that in the middle of the procedure and don’t forget to enable the USB debugging.
Don’t apply this tutorial on similar Android smartphones as you risk damaging or bricking them. The model number of your device has to be “vs985”, so don’t hesitate to enter into the Settings> About Phone section and check that right away. And no, this is not an official procedure, so accept the fact that you might lose any warranty left on your device.
Are you willing to assume this risk? Do you take full responsibility for all your actions? Then, here’s what you have to do:
How to Flash CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Stable ROM on Verizon LG G3:
- For the start, take the CM 12.1 SNAPSHOT zip file from here;
- Then, download Gapps for Android 5.1.1 ROMs from here;
- These files need to be moved to your phone’s internal storage by using the USB cable;
- Then, you simply have to detach the LG G3 cord from your PC;
- Switch off your phone;
- Next, you have to boot it in Custom Recovery Mode;
- You can also create a NANDROID ROM Backup, just to be on the safe side;
- Apply a ‘factory reset’;
- You must also confirm the process;
- Start the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM installation by choosing ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’ on CWM;
- For TWRP, you just have to select ‘install’;
- Find the CM 12.1 SNAPSHOT zip file;
- Confirm the installation;
- After the CyanogenMod 12.1 Stable ROM installation is completed, do not hesitate to flash the Gapps zip in the same manner as well;
- At the end, you have to reboot LG G3 in normal mode.
In case you need any extra help you can use the comments field below or the contact form. Count on the fact that I am here to help you!