Do you want to flash the Android 5.1.1 LMY48M Lollipop Factory Image on your Google Nexus 5 before getting ready for the latest Marshmallow version? The Factory Image that I am talking about comes with a new patch for StageFright Security vulnerability, so it’s a must if you want to take good care of your smartphone and your precious data.
However, you have to check the guidelines below before starting the installation process:
Among the pre-requirements, a full Nandroid backup of your data must be taken as the Android 5.1.1 LMY48M Factory Image installation removes all the files from your Google Nexus 5, just as you have to enable the USB Debugging option from the Developer Options menu.
If you can’t find the Developer Options menu, then you will have to go to Settings> About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number section. Up next, go back to Settings, scroll down where you will find the Developer Options. The USB Debugging option will be there, so enable it with no problems.
You must also check the Nexus 5 battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the phone from powering off during the first boot process after the Android 5.1.1 LMY48M Lollipop factory image is done installing all of its files and install the drivers on your PC to connect your Galaxy device properly.
Also note that if your phone is rooted, then you will see root access removed after the Android 5.1.1 LMY48M factory image installation, just as any custom Recovery that you might have installed will also be removed and replaced with a stock Android Recovery.
Remember that the update is your responsibility and that I cannot be blamed for any issues or bugs created in your Google Nexus 5 by this procedure. Take the risk yourself or stop here! And don’t forget to make sure that this firmware is not used in any other device apart from the one that I have mentioned from the start: Google Nexus 5.
How to Flash Android 5.1.1 LMY48M Lollipop Factory Image on Google Nexus 5:
- From here you can download the LMY48M Factory Image file;
- When the download is completed, you can extract the archived files;
- Switch off the device;
- Then, you have to boot the device in the Bootloader Mode;
- Establish a connection between your device and the computer by using the USB cord;
- Start the Android 5.1.1 LMY48M Factory Image flashing process; for that, you have to double-click on the ‘flash-all.bat’ script;
- You have to wait until the files are installed successfully;
- After the Android 5.1.1 is installed, you will see the phone rebooting in normal mode;
- Use your Google account in order to regain complete control over your device;
- That was all that you had to do! Your Nexus 5 has been successfully updated to Android 5.1.1 5.1.1 Lollipop LMY48M, so enjoy all the changes.
And if you face any sort of issues and cannot successfully finish the update, then use the comment area from below or the contact form for extra help. That is why I am here for!