Have you heard the fact that Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA update is available for Samsung’s Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 LTE as I am speaking in Nordic countries? If you are interested to get this latest Android update on your device, then go ahead and read the following instructions carefully as long as the same firmware has been also released online, which means that you can manually download the XXUBOI1 Lollipop OS and flash it on your Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 LTE through Odin.
First of all, this guide containing the stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXUBOI1 firmware and instructions can be used only on Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 LTE, so do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your phone by navigating to Settings > About phone > Model number and stop here if it’s not the T905 model.
You must also make sure to take a proper backup of all your precious Android data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide. Download and install the handset’s drivers on the PC and and I also recommend to temporarily turn off the security protection or else, your work might be interrupted by the antivirus or any other similar tools.
Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Tab Pro 12.2, so go to Menu – Aettings – About device and tap a few times on Built Number until Developer Options appears. Next, access the new Developer Options and from there find and check the USB debugging option. The battery level of your Android tablet should be at least about 80% in order to avoid unexpected shut downs during the flashing process.
If you have already installed a custom recovery, then you should know that it will be replaced by the stock version. And after the installation of this official Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 LTE firmware, your Tab Pro 12.2 LTE will no longer be rooted, but you can always choose to change that.
How to Flash Android 5.1.1 XXUBOI1 Lollipop on Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 LTE:
- Download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update file by using this link;
- Save it on desktop and unzip the firmware file;
- Take Odin from here;
- Unzip the Odin file;
- Install the program.
- Now, launch Odin on your computer;
- Power off the tablet;
- Up next, put it into download mode: press and hold Power, Volume Down and Home buttons at the same time;
- Connect your tablet with your computer – Odin will now recognize your device: the “added” message will be displayed and the ID:COM field will be turned yellow or blue;
- From the program now choose the PA option;
- Now, you have to load the Lollipop firmware file;
- Do not hesitate to click on Start;
- Your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 LTE will be now automatically updated; in the end, the “pass” message will be displayed on Odin and the ID:COM field will be turned green.
- At the end, just reboot your device!
The XXUBOI1 update comes with all the recent Lollipop features, but don’t forget that it also has some bug fixes and security upgrades such as one for the Stagefright security bug, so there is nothing stopping you from enjoying a more secured Lollipop system!