Have you heard the fact that T-Mobile has released an upgrade with the software version H81110n for the LG G4? Now, if you have already updated your T-Mobile LG G4 to the latest firmware, it’s the perfect time to also install a custom recovery such as TWRP.
Why should you do this? Well, TeamWin Recovery Project –or simply TWRP– is a fully touch-based custom recovery that was initially developed for Nexus devices, but it has also been made available for several other Android smartphones and tablets and it has never disappointed its users.
Even though it has the same basic set of features that you’d expect from any modern custom recovery, things are different at the organization chapter; to be more precise, they are all laid out in a very organized manner, they have some touch-friendly buttons that make using it a joy, not to mention the fact that not many custom recoveries come with a built-in file manager, but TWRP has taken things one step further by adding one to its package of features.
Even more, once you have TWRP recovery on your T-Mobile G4 precius phone, you can also create Nandroid backups, you can flash custom ROMs and mods and not only.
Before starting the operation, keep in mind that it is only available with the T-Mobile USA LG G4 version on H81110n firmware and that using the file from below on any other device is a high risk. Support for other LG G4 handsets should arrive soon, so have a little more patience. Even more, don’t hesitate to back up your important data and to enable the USB Debugging option by going to Menu – Settings – Developer options.
Do you have your computer or laptop ready for the procedure? You have to disable the security protection because it cud easily interfere with the flashing operation and don’t forget to check the battery status of your LG G4: if there is less than 60% power left, then you must plug in the charger right away and avoid any possible unpleasant surprise.
How to install TWRP on your T-Mobile LG G4:
- The first thing that you have to do is to take the H811-One-Click.zip from here;
- Then, it’s time to connect your LG G4 phone to the PC by using the device’s original USB cord;
- Unzip H811-One-Click.zip file and you will get a folder;
- Get into the folder;
- Open the LG-G4-H811-UNLOCK-TWRP.bat file to begin the process;
- Now, allow USB Debugging request when prompted by your phone by choosing the Allow button.
- The process will start and the phone may reboot a couple of times;
- Do not hesitate to unplug your phone;
- Remove the battery when prompted;
- Put the battery back in and Power on your phone;
- Now, be sure that you will have the TWRP Recovery installed in your LG G4.
Have you managed to complete this step by step guide? In case of having any problem, remember that I am here to help you, so don’t hesitate to share it through the contact form or the comments area.