Do you own the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos? Then, let me tell you that a special treat is waiting for you as the CyanogenMod developers have unleashed their Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for your Grand via CM 13 custom ROM.
Samsung is unlikely to release the Marshmallow based official firmware for your Galaxy Grand Duos, so the arrival of this new Marshmallow AOSP Custom ROM is more than welcomed.
However, the Android 6.0 Marshmallow release is still under development stage, so I want to be clear that it might come with a few untested bugs and broken features. Are you willing to accept that? Do you also assume full responsibility for all your actions? You see, running on a buggy ROM is not something that you might want, so before testing the CM13 Android M OS, make a Nandroid backup on your Galaxy Grand Duos.
With these being said, it’s time to prepare for the actual update procedure. So, for the start, root your phone in order to remove factory and default restrictions and prepare the internal system for the custom update by installing a custom recovery image such as CWM or TWRP or else you cannot be successful.
Then, prepare your computer for the procedure too: you have to verify that the correct USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are installed there; then temporally deactivate the antivirus which might slow down the operation.
Saving all your important data (before flashing the CM 13software) including contacts, texts, images, call logs, videos, audio files, apps, internet settings and so on is another important step which cannot be skipped as long as you’ll perform a wiping procedure and you know what this means – losing everything you love.
At the end, ensure that you have enough battery life on your smartphone. There’s no joke when it comes to the possibility to end up in bricking your device if it gets turned off in the middle of the installation procedure. So, plug in the charger if the power left is currently lower than 60% or you risk losing way too much.
How to Install Marshmallow AOSP Custom ROM on Galaxy Grand Duos:
- Download the CM13 ROM by accessing this link;
- The Google Apps package can also be taken from here;
- Connect your Galaxy Grand Duos to the PC by using a USB cable;
- Copy and paste the zip files to a separate folder on your device’s internal storage;
- Reboot the device into Custom Recovery;
- From there, hit wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then choose Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache;
- Return to the TWRP main menu or home screen;
- From there, tap on the Install option;
- Go to the downloaded ROM zip file – none other than Android 6.0 firmware package and flash it on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos;
- Then, you have to go to the Google apps zip file and follow the same steps;
- When Gapps completes the installation, restart your device by tapping on the Reboot system button.
- Your phone will now reboot and you will be greeted by a new Marshmallow experience. Enjoy!