T-Mobile just released a new Android OTA update for the mid ranger LG G Stylo. The new firmware brings important stability improvements, bug fixes and the Stagefright solution, which means that even if minor, the update shouldn’t be skipped under any circumstances.
But, if you have a rooted T-Mobile LG G Stylo or if a custom ROM is running on your phone, you will not get the new Android notification, so it’s time to take action and think of manually proceeding to update your T-Mobile LG G Stylo to H63110j via TWRP Recovery.
What are the requirements for such a procedure? First of all, make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your LG G Stylo – I am talking about the latest one or else there is no way to be successful. Then, do not hesitate to take a backup of all your important files which are stored on your device before proceeding. In case something goes wrong you’ll have a backup of all your data, so don’t skip this step even if it might take a while.
You must also have the device’s drivers installed on your computer or laptop, so that you can transfer the Android ROM update file to your phone’s storage and don’t hesitate to charge your LG G Stylo before applying the Stagefright update. Plug in the charger or else your Android phone might get turned off right in the middle of the installation procedure and you know what a serious problem this can be.
Don’t worry, the firmware is official, so you will keep things safe and secured and no, you won’t lose your phone’s warranty by completing this tutorial. However, I want to be clear about the fact that you only are responsible for your device. I won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your LG phone or its components, if you lose any data or if you end up with a bricked LG G Stylo.
And make no mistake when it comes to the version that you currently own. The file from below is only compatible with only T-Mobile LG G Stylo (H631), so don’t try this on any device whose model no. is not H631!
How to Update T-Mobile LG G Stylo to H63110j via TWRP Recovery:
- For the start, you have to download the v10J software update file from here;
- Also take the SuperSU zip file by entering here;
- Use the USB cord to connect your phone to the computer or laptop;
- Transfer the update files to your LG G Stylo;
- Boot your G Stylo into recovery mode; just as I always tell you, you just have to press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time;
- Then, tap on Install;
- Locate the update file;
- Do not hesitate to tap on it;
- Then, do the Swipe action at bottom to begin flashing the update;
- The update will start installing, so have patience;
- Also install the SuperSU file just the same way;
- Tap on System > Reboot and your device will restart right away.
That’s it. Wait for your G Stylo to finish booting up and be prepared for the fact that it may take some time. However, after that, you can enjoy the changes!