Do you know that a new Android firmware update is now available for the users of Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini model number SM-G800R4? I am taking about Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G800R4VXU1BOI1, but be prepared to face the reality: the update won’t be given to all the users at the same time as long as it is send via Over the Air.
However, those living in the USA can already download and install the Lollipop update on their own Galaxy S5 Mini, while the users of other regions have to wait until this update finally hits their carriers.
Do you think that you are ready for the procedure of flashing Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G800R4VXU1BOI1 on Galaxy S5 Mini G800R4? Not so fast! There are some important preparatory steps that you have no excuse for not following.
First of all, make sure that the ROM is only used with the Galaxy S5 Mini device. The model number of your smartphone has to be SM – G800R4, so don’t hesitate to check the version number of your device under Settings> About Phone menu. In such conditions, do not even think to update any other different Android device with the files that you will find in this tutorial.
Then, make sure the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini USB Drivers are installed on your laptop/PC before starting the Lollipop update process and don’t hesitate to deactivate Samsung Kies and the antivirus program as well. It happened more than once to discover that these apps tend to block Odin from installing any new firmware files on your device and this is not what you need.
As you probably know, the battery of your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini should be fully charged or at least to 70% in order to successfully complete the operation and don’t forget that you must enable the USB Debugging mode.
There is no mystery that factory resetting the phone is not going to delete any data from internal storage, but this doesn’t have to mean that you dot have to back up everything, just to be on the safe side. No less important, don’t skip any of the given steps and asume responsabilitty for all your actions. Be sure of the fact that I will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong during the update process.
How to Flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G800R4VXU1BOI1 on Galaxy S5 Mini G800R4:
- Download the G800R4VXU1BOI1 Android 5.1.1 zip by using this link;
- Extract the contents of this file and save them on your PC;
- Then, you have to download Odin3 v3.10.6 zip from here as well;
- Switch off your phone;
- Next, boot it in Download Mode;
- Launch Odin exe on your computer;
- Use the USB cable and connect your Samsung phone with the PC;
- Go back to Odin’s main window after the phone is recognized;
- Do not hesitate to disable the ‘Re-partition’ option;
- Hit the AP button in Odin;
- Find and load the G800R4VXU1BOI1 tar.md5 file in Odin;
- Press the START button in order to initiate the updating process;
- When Odin finishes to install Android 5.1.1 on your handset, you will see it rebooting in normal mode;
- That was all that you had to do!