LG L90 will never be updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware – this is something that you have to accept from the start, but who says that you cannot enjoy this new Android release on your own smartphone, even if it is only a low-end one?
You can imagine that the xda-developers are responsible for that as long as they have ported the AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow system and created the unofficial built of CM 13, which is now compatible with the LG L90.
As long as the Android M ROM is still under the alpha stage of development, you should take in consideration the possibility of experiencing some bugs and broken features – these issues are minor ones and the firmware should work just fine on your LG L90. This is why some might consider that CM13 isn’t yet stable enough for a daily use, so be sure that this is what you want!
If you choose to continue, let me remind you that the Android 6.0 CM13 ROM that you’ll find here is compatible with LG L90 and no other Android based device, so make no mistake. Do not attempt installing it on any other device as this will lead to damaging or bricking it and this is your fault to assume and not mine.
Then, let me tell you that you have to root your phone in order to remove factory and default restrictions and prepare the internal system for the custom update. On your LG L90 a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP recovery must be installed as well and don’t forget to verify that the correct USB drivers for the handset are installed on the computer to enable data transfer between the PC and the smartphone.
The device must have at least 60% battery charge before trying to install this CM13 firmware if you want to avoid an unexpected device shutdown during the firmware installation and as I always tell you, don’t forget to back up important data and settings on the phone to your device’s SD card or some external storage, to be prepared if something bad happens during the procedure.
Finally, from your smartphone you have to gain developer options, so you have to tap several times on built number under Menu – Settings – About phone in order to check the USB debugging option which can be found on Menu – Settings – Developer options.
Now, you are ready for the procedure:
How to Flash CM13 ROM based on Android 6.0 M on your LG L90:
- Download the CM13 ROM from the download link provided here;
- Then, take the latest Google Apps package from this link as well;
- Save both files on desktop;
- Connect your smartphone and the computer with the help of the original USB cable;
- Copy and paste the two downloaded zip files to a separate folder on your device’s internal storage;
- Then, remove the USB connection;
- Power off your LG L90 phone;
- Now, you have to reboot recovery on your handset;
- With the help of the recovery options, select the following options: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition”, as well as “wipe dalvik cache”;
- You have to load the CM 13 custom ROM file;
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation and be sure of the fact that the ROM will be installed;
- Repeat the procedure from above for the Google Apps package;
- Once the installation is completed, reboot to system.
The CM 13 based on AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow system is now running on your LG L90 handset, just as you have wanted from the start. So, do not hesitate to test the new ROM and then let me know what you think of this version by using the comments field from below.