As you might have heard, Samsung, in India, has just released the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA Update for your Samsung Galaxy E7, so what are you waiting for?
Tell me that you are not sitting and expecting for this update to arrive over-the-air as long as you can choose to manually install the upgrade. The E700HXXU1BOJ7 Android 5.1.1 firmware update comes with a variety of extra features that will definitely improve the way you are using your Galaxy E7, but don’t go straight to the procedure.
A set of preparatory steps is waiting for you, so don’t skip them under any circumstances. For the start, disable the Samung KIES and any antivirus app from running on your computer as these apps are going to try block Odin from sending any files to your Galaxy E7 device; then, don’t forget to verify the battery charge of your phone as it should be over 60%, so that it won’t power off during the installation process.
Even more, note that I won’t be held responsible in case you brick the device nor in case you lose any important files, photos, contacts and so on while trying to use Odin for flashing the stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. In normal conditions, factory resetting the phone will only remove the data from system memory partition and it won’t delete any files from internal storage; however, accidents happen all the time, so assume full responsibility for that.
Do not apply this tutorial on any other device than Samsung Galaxy E7. You know that the model number of your device has to be SM – E700H, so verify the version of your device under the Settings> About Phone menu and make no confusion. And I also want you to know that in case your device is rooted, then the manual update will get rid of root access, just as any custom Recovery that you might have will also be replaced with the stock Recovery. Aren’t these aspects an issue? Then, the guide is waiting for you:
Flash Android 5.1.1 E700HXXU1BOJ7 Lollipop Update on Samsung Galaxy E7:
- First of all, download E700HXXU1BOJ7 Android 5.1.1 firmware file by using this direct link;
- After the download is done, you can extract only the E700HXXU1BOJ7 tar.md5 file;
- Do not extract the tar.md5 file contents;
- Next, download Odin3 v3.10.6 zip from here;
- Extract the Odin files from the zip;
- Switch off the phone;
- It’s time to boot it in Download Mode, so keep pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons;
- Now, open the Odin3 v3.10.6 exe on your computer;
- Connect your device to your PC via USB Cable;
- Go to Odin’s window and disable the ‘Re-Partition’ option;
- Now, click the AP button in Odin;
- Find the E700HXXU1BOJ7 Android 5.1.1 tar.md5 file and load it in Odin;
- Tap the Start button;
- When the update is done you will see the PASS displayed by Odin;
- Unplug the Samsung device from the PC and then reboot it in normal mode.