OnePlus One users are receiving some exciting news as the first Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based custom firmware is now available via AOSP ROM. Do you also want to learn how to install the latest Android 6.0 AOSParadox ROM on your OnePlus One? I always encourage you to dare for more, but don’t jump to the procedure until understanding it and preparing both your phone and the computer.
This AOSP based Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM is developed by xda-developers and even though it is still under development stage, let me assure you of the fact that it is stable enough for a daily use – thus, the software should smoothly run on your OnePlus One.
The installation of this Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM requires any custom recovery tool to be pre-installed on your OnePlus One and root access should be also ensured! Moreover, make sure the phone has at least 70% battery charge to prevent any unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain, of course) and don’t hesitate to back up your important data by using a custom recovery tool, like ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP.
I recommend these option as they create a complete image of the existing phone setup, so in Recovery, you can also choose Backup and Restore and tap Backup to prevent any problems.
Furthermore, verify that the correct OnePlus One USB drivers are installed on the computer and then, also enable USB debugging, a process that can be completed by entering to Menu – Settings – About device and tapping a few times on Built Number (tap on the mentioned feature until Developer Options are enabled); after that, from Menu – Settings – Developer options just check the USB debugging option.
At the end, remember that the warranty of your OnePlus One will get void – you are going to complete an unofficial Android 6.0 M update operation (not to mention that you have already rooted it), so assume full responsibility of all your actions, good or bad!
How to Install Android 6.0 AOSParadox ROM on OnePlus One:
- First of all, download the Android 6.0 AOSParadox ROM by using this direct link;
- Also download the Google Apps package from here;
- Now, it’s time to copy the downloaded files on your OnePlus One with the help of the original USB cord;
- Power off the phone;
- Also disconnect its USB cable from the computer;
- Boot the device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together at the same time for a few seconds;
- From Recovery, do not hesitate to perform a full data wipe task by clicking Wipe button; then swipe on the Factory Reset option at the bottom;
- Now, you have to go back to the main recovery menu;
- From there, tap on the Install button;
- Choose the zip file that you coped earlier to your phone’s SD card from the list;
- Confirm the installation on next screen by swiping on the ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ option and the firmware installation should begin;
- Repeat these last steps for the Google Apps package as it also has to be flashed;
- Finally, you have to reboot to Android OS by picking the “reboot system now” option.