If you remember, just a few days back, I’ve told you how easy is to Stream your PS4 on your Android device (find out all about this procedure from here).
You already know that one of the greatest features of the PS4 is the ability to play games from your Sony Xperia mobile devices, so if you are the owner of a supported Sony Xperia phone, the app is waiting for you on Google Play. However, there is something for the non-Sony devices owners as well.
To be more precise, there is a modified version of the app offered by the Android community which lets you install it on any device. In addition to that, you’re also able to remotely control your PS4 using on screen buttons. However, when offered the option to register a DUALSHOCK controller, I’ve told you to select Skip.
This is necessary as long as the official DualShock controller pairing solution does not work in this version of the app, but this doesn’t have to mean that there is no option for you. On the contrary, you can choose to pair a controller manually.
Manually pair a PS4 Controller with Your Android Device:
- For the start, you have to press and hold the “PS” and “Share” buttons on your controller;
- Have patience until the light on the back begins blinking;
- From here, make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your Android device;
- Find your way to the Bluetooth settings menu;
- Tap the “Refresh” button at the top of the screen to perform a search for nearby devices;
- The “Wireless Controller” option should appear so choose it with no hesitation;
- Wait until the controller shows up in your “Paired devices” list;
- Starting to this moment, you will have no problem when it comes to using your Remote Play games with a DualShock controller.
I hope you managed to complete all the steps from above! If not, don’t be shy and drop me a comment below. Here I am to support you!
What else can you do on your Android handset? I have several suggestions for you, so choose what you want:
- How to Recover Missing or Lost Contacts on Android;
- Learn to Create the Ideal Android Wallpaper with FreshCoat by using the steps presented in this procedure;
- Solve Stuck Power Button Issue on your Android Device;
- Are you aware of the fact that you can Bypass Android Lock Screen Pattern, PIN or Password on any Android Device? This tutorial is just what you need;
- Alternative Buying Methods for Android Apps (no Credit Card required);
- Learn how to Easily Find Stored WiFi passwords on your Android Device with the help of this guide.