Can you truly say that you are bearing no grudges while using a Nexus device? They (the Nexus users) can enjoy the most recent Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on their devices as we are speaking, but who says that you cannot have the same privilege? Well, if you own a Yu Yunique phone, then the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware is available for your device too with the CyanogenMod 13 ROM.
This Android M CM 13 release is possible thanks to DC07, a recognized developer at XDA who even claims that the ROM is stable and has no major bugs – it will smoothly run on the Yu Yunique. As the development is at its initial stages, there are some minor bugs at the moment, but be sure that with future updates, things will get even better.
As expected, the original Marshmallow update brought a few changes and bug fixes. As for this CM 13 ROM, it comes with some basic features found in the latest CM source code and the software has been compiled for the Yu Yunique, so you’ll get them all. Are you wondering what the steps of the flashing procedure are? I have everything covered in the detailed steps below, but don’t skip the preparatory steps.
Before you start the procedure, make sure you back up everything as the process will definitely wipe off all the data stored on your device. You must follow this guide using a computer a laptop, so prepare the original USB cord and you must have the device’s drivers installed on your PC if you want to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage (the links are provided below).
Up next, check the battery charge level and note that it has to be over 60% before starting the procedure. This will prevent your phone from powering down during the flashing process. These were all the guidelines that you had to follow before continuing to the actual part of this tutorial. I know that you must be excited about the procedure, but keep in mind that the listed custom ROM is only compatible with Yu Yunique. Do not try it on any other device or else you’ll damage it! In fact, this guide is destined for advanced users and I cannot be held responsible in case you brick your phone nor if you lose any data in the process.
How to Flash CM13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Yu Yunique:
- Download the CM 13 ROM from here;
- Enter here and also take the Google Apps package;
- Move the zip file into your device’s internal storage;
- Now switch off the phone and remove the USB cable;
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously. This will boot your device into Recovery mode;
- It’s highly recommended to perform a nandroid backup, to be prepared for any situation;
- Go to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache;
- Now, you have to swipe the confirmation button to wipe;
- Go to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option;
- Choose the ROM file;
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation;
- Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it as well;
- Swipe to Install;
- Once installed, reboot to system.