There is no mystery that Samsung just started a beta program that brings the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS to the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge owners from UK. This is actually the chance that you are dreaming of for a long time to become a tester and an important part of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow development stage.
If you’re in the UK and own one of these two popular smartphones, it is only up to Samsung to accept your request for the beta, but once you get the approval, there is no obstacle standing in front of your dream.
What about those of you who aren’t currently living in the UK/with non-BTU Product Code? Is there any chance to get the firmware even outside the UK? Be sure that it is, but there are some important prerequisites for that. First of all, you must own the SM-G920F/SM-G925F model of the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge and the handset must be unlocked. Understand from the start that you cannot install the beta firmware on any other model of either device, so make no mistake.
Flashing this firmware will not wipe your data (and you can also stay relaxed when it comes to your warranty), but do a backup just to be prepared for anything. I’ve been the witness of so many accidents before that I don’t even think of advicing you to skip this step.
You must also root your Samsung device before doing anything else and don’t forget to properly charge it and to install the BTU version of the UK firmware for your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge. In this guide you will find a link for the Galaxy S6 BTU UK firmware, as well as one that can be used for the Galaxy S6 Edge BTU UK firmware, as well as all the suport that you need. To install the downloaded firmware on your phone, just follow the instructions in this tutorial and let me know if you need any help:
Flash Android 6.0 beta on Galaxy S6 / Galaxy S6 Edge with non-BTU Product Code:
- The lack of the BTU Product Code is the problem, so start by installing the BTU firmware file on your device. For the Samsung Galaxy S6, download the BTU software from here and for the Samsung S6 Edge you can get the ROM from here;
- Flash the BTU system by using the tool Odin which can be taken from here;
- Once your device has booted into the newly flashed firmware, download Galaxy Care from Google Play;
- Install the Galaxy Care app on your smartphone;
- Then, you must launch the tool;
- Agree with the Legal Terms and tap on Next in order to get to the main screen;
- Swipe until you see the “Participate Galaxy Beta Program” message displayed;
- Tap on Join;
- At the end, just press on the Registration key at the bottom.
Note that you’ve done everything in your power, so relax and wait. The Korean company will definitely analyze your request and will reply within a 24 hr. timeframe window. Let’s hope that your device is getting the Android 6.0 firmware OTA too!