As expected, here I am once again to show you how simple is to apply the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update operation on your Korean LG G3 during a dedicated CM 13 step by step guide. Therefore, if you are the owner of the Korean LG G3 F400 and you are eager to give a try to the new Nightly build of CyanogenMod 13, check all the guidelines from below.
First of all, make sure that your LG G3 is rooted and running a Custom Recovery. However, I am not talking about any choice, but the Custom Recovery can be based on either CWM or TWRP installations and must be the most recent version available for the precise version of your phone. Speaking of that, use this post only with the Korean LG G3 models F400 – the Nightly CM 13 ROM is compatible only with the mentioned smartphone. Mistakes happen all the time, so check the model number of your device under Settings> About Phone> Build Number.
As long as you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP) installed on the phone, take a backup using it as it creates a complete image of your set up. If the CyanogenMod13 system will prove to be different than expected, you can then use the Nandroid backup for downgrading your LG G3 F400 smartphone back to stock and solving the problem in a matter of minutes.
Then, on your phone, you must On gain Developer Option, a feature that is hidden by default. Even in such a case, you must simply access Menu – Settings – About phone and tap a few times on Built Number. Next, just go to Menu – Settings – Developer options and tick the USB Debugging feature to be fully prepared.
And now, that you are so close to the actual guide, let me remind you the fact that you will lose the warranty of your smartphone if you perform this operation. You practically choose to install a custom ROM above the official Android system and running Nightly CM 13 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS is not an official process, so make sure that this is what you truly want.
How to Install CM 13 Nightlies on Korean LG G3 F400:
- Navigate towards this page and take the CM13 firmware file;
- Then, from here download Google Apps package for your Korean LG G3 F400 phone;
- Next, ensure a connection between your smartphone and your computer via USB cable;
- Transfer the downloaded files from your computer, to your phone’s SD card.
- After the transfer is done you can disconnect the device from the PC;
- Power off your smartphone;
- Up next, you must enter recovery mode;
- Then, wipe the internal system of your phone by selecting “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”;
- After doing so, return to main menu of recovery and select “install zip from SD card”;
- Then, “choose zip from SD card”;
- Pick the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS and install CM 13 Nightlies on the LG G3 F400 handset;
- Repeat the operation and flash Google Apps as well;
- When done, from main menu of recovery select “reboot system now”.
Now, you will see that the ROM will smoothly run on your phone, just like an official firmware, so I bet that there’s no place for regrets!