Have you heard the fact that with CM 13 installed, your Android device can run faster, the battery last longer and you enjoy an improved Android experience? It’s true that all those customization and optimization opportunities are tempting and I bet that this what you also want for your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE – not to mention that Android 6.0 Marshmallow is also here.
However, is my duty to inform you that CM 13 is not an official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update made available for the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE which means that you will lose the warranty of your device. And if something wrong happens, don’t blame me for that, but let me be clear that you are the one responsible!
However, this doesn’t mean that I cannot be your guide and that I cannot offer you additional support in case of needing it. Just ask it before being too later and don’t skip the preparatory steps. Without them, you have no chance to complete the CM 13 Android 6.0 update steps from below.
First of all, the Nightly CM 13 ROM is coming in form of a .zip file and since it is a custom update, the Android 6.0 M software can be installed on your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE only through a custom recovery image – therefore, you first have to flash CWM or TWRP recovery on your smartphone.
The S4 Mini must also be rooted and note that you will lose all of your data while trying to update your device, so taking a backup is a must. Then, gain Developer Options as long as these options are hidden by default, so here is how you can reveal them: tap several times on Built Number and find your way to Menu – Settings – About phone. Then, from Menu – Settings – Developer options you have to check the USB Debugging mode.
You know that your device might get turned off during the update operation (and that can brick your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE device) if the handset is not properly charged. To be more precise, if the phone doesn’t have enough battery power left to sustain the operation, you put the phone in great danger, so be responsible and plug in the charger if the power left is currently lower than 60%.
And you can use the CyanogenMod firmware file from below only if you own the LTE version of Galaxy S4 Mini as long as this guide will not work for any other Android based devices.
How to Flash CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE:
- Here you can find the Android M firmware file;
- Also download Google Apps from here as it is not included in the update file;
- First, save these files on your computer;
- Now, you have to transfer these files on your phone’s SD card;
- So, connect the PC to the phone;
- Transfer the downloaded files on your phone and when done, remove the USB connect and also power off your smartphone;
- Next, reboot recovery mode on your device;
- From recovery complete the wipe process; mainly, you have to select the following options: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition”, as well as “wipe dalvik cache”;
- You can now start the update operation; so, first pick the CM 13 file and then flash the Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware;
- Then, also install the Google Apps package;
- In the end, select “reboot” from the main menu of recovery.
If the first boot process of this new ROM takes too long to complete or the device enters in a boot loop, then the whole tutorial. This should solve the issue!