I don’t need to be the one telling you that CyanogenMod is designed to increase reliability over the Android-based offers and besides that, it also comes with a variety of enhancements that are not currently found in any of the versions of Android. I bet that you already know it all and the decision has already been taken so that it why I am here to show you how easy is to install the official CM 12.1.1 YOG7DAS2K1 on OnePlus One.
Let me tell you from the start that this build dubbed as CM 12.1.1 brings several bug fixes and stability improvements, not to mention the Microsoft integration. This mean that you can finally get Cortana support and I am sure that this will become your favorite personal assistant app in all times.
Your OnePlus One must be on stock, but it doesn’t matter if you are coming from firmware number YOG4PAS3JL or YOG4PAS2QL Android OS – in all these cases will work, but don’t even think of applying the steps on any other Android handset. Then, create a backup of all your important data on the handset and properly charge the handset to avoid any potential unpleasant surprise.
Up next, it’s time to enter into Menu – Settings – About phone in order to gain Developer Options and then, access Menu – Settings – Developer options in order to find the USB Debugging option. You have to check that field if you want to properly establish a connection between your phone and your computer, so don’t skip any of these steps.
And let me remind you that Android Flagship and the developers are not going to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. Try out this tutorial on your own risk or stop here, before being too late. And if you don’t feel totally comfident, I can also recommended to check other posts from here with detailed steps on how to apply such a procedure. This will give you a good idea on what installing CM on your handset really means and how it can be enjoyed.
How to Install Official CM 12.1.1 YOG7DAS2K1 on stock OnePlus One:
- Download the CM12.1.1 update for firmware number YOG4PAS3JL by entering here;
- If you use the YOG4PAS2QL Android OS, then access this link;
- Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable;
- Then, copy-paste the file on your phone and unplug the USB cord;
- Power off your OnePlus One;
- Access recovery mode;
- From recovery select Apply Update and navigate towards the path where you saved the file;
- Load the CyanogenMod system and resume the flashing process;
- Once the installation is successful, it will automatically reboot. If this doesn’t happen, you must take action, so go back and select “reboot system now”.
How was the operation? Let me know if you need further assistance!