In case you are trying to run a new customized Marshmallow Firmware in your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 smartphone, then you are in the right place. I know that you like the thought of enjoying those amazing Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 ROM features such as dark material theme, toast animations, quick-smart pulldown, buttons, heads up, network traffic monitor, new battery mods, clockcolor options, statusbar clock customization, quick unlock, navigation bar dimensions and much more, but this is possible only if you follow all the preparatory steps first!
For this tutorial to work on your Galaxy S4, it’s essential to run a rooted firmware and to have the newest TWRP or CWM version already installed. Yes, the installed custom Recovery has to be updated to its latest version, so that it will support the new Android 6.0.1 custom ROM installation and these two are the safest options to choose, so don’t take any chances by using another unofficial custom ROM.
Do you care about the safety of your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 smartphone? Therefore, you know that properly charging it is a must as installing Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 on a device with no juice in its battery will most likely result in a bricked device. And take a backup too, just to make sure that things will turn out as you want them to.
Read: How to Backup and Restore IMEI / NVRAM Data on Android Devices and this guide on how to Backup Android Data Without Root (you can do that by using an app known as Helium)
As a reminder, you should use this tutorial only if you are an advanced user. I cannot be blamed if you brick the phone or if you lose any of the important files that you have stored there. And the information found here can be applied only on the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 units. Don’t try to apply the steps below on another Android phone that you might own or else you are the only one responsible for damaging it (yes, this is the most likely scenario to happen if you mix things up).
How to Flash Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S4:
- Flash Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM is here available, so take it right away;
- From here you must also download the Gapps package;
- Move both zip files to your phone’s internal storage by using the original USB cord;
- When the transfer is completed, remove the cable;
- Power off your Galaxy S4 phone;
- Up next, boot it in Custom Recovery Mode;
- Make a Backup and choose all information you want to save;
- Only then you can move to the next step of factory resetting your device:
- Confirm the process;
- Start the Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 ROM installation by selecting ‘install’;
- Find the RR Android 6.0.1 zip file and confirm its installation process;
- When the Android 6.0.1 customized Firmware is finally flashed, you’ll be able to set up the Gapps zip in the same way; you know what you have to do;
- At the end, don’t forget to reboot the phone!