Team OctOS has just prepared a new Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM for all the Verizon Galaxy S3 users to install on their devices. If you are one of them too and you like the idea to update your Galaxy S3 device to Android 6.0.1, then you should check the instructions listed here. Note from the stat the fat that this OctOS 6.0.1 ROM is still in progress, but it is pretty stable and you should at least try it before saying that it is not for you.
However, if you have never done anything similar before, let me tell you that you need to root your Verizon Galaxy S3 and install a custom recovery. And this is not enough, but be careful about the fact that the installed TWRP Recovery must be upgraded to its latest version or else there are no chanced to support the new Android 6.0.1 custom ROM installation.
This tutorial will wipe out all your Galaxy S3 data, so proceed at your own risk and only after taking a proper backup. Yes, you have to backup all your data before proceeding for this procedure too and don’t forget to verify the battery charge level of your device and make sure that it is over 60%, as this will prevent the device from powering off during the installation process.
Use the tutorial only if you perfectly understand what you have to do. If not, stop here or ask for my help. I cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data during this procedure!
I hope that it won’t be the case, but this guide on how to Easily Fix your Damaged / Bricked Android device is waiting for those in need.
How to Install OctOS Marshmallow custom ROM on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3:
- For the start, you have to enter here and take the OctOS Marshmallow custom ROM for your smartphone;
- Then, you must also take the Gapps package from here;
- Connect and mount your Galaxy S3 USB memory on your computer by using the original USB cable;
- Now, it’s time to transfer the downloaded Android 6.0.1 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card;
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S3;
- Then, boot it in TWRP Recovery Mode. To be more precise, you have to switch on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home, as well as Power buttons together at the same time,
- Do not hesitate to create a NANDROID ROM Backup (you already know why), so select the Backup option;
- Up next, select perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset; you must use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode;
- Start OctOS MM Android 6.0.1 ROM installation by tapping on Install;
- Navigate to the ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button;
- Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now;
- After the new OctOS ROM is installed, you must also flash the Gapps zip;
- Then, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
If the installation fails, then you must repeat the whole tutorial more than once.