With the TWRP available for the brand new S7 Edge G935F, you can gain root access easily and modify the firmware in order to make the most out of it. I bet that this exactly what you have in mind too, but let me remind you that despite of all these, the TWRP recovery is nothing else that a third party app. This means that it is developed by third party devs and it has nothing to do with Samsung or with Google, so installing it is an unofficial operation.
Therefore, if you choose to use this procedure, you will also lose your Galaxy S7 Edge warranty. I am aware of the fact that many of you will stop hearing that, but for the adventurous ones, here you can find all the preparatory steps for such a procedure.
Charge your device at least to 60% (or completely if possible) to make sure it doesn’t die in the middle of the procedure and don’t forget that you also need Odin, a special tool through which you can flash TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F.
The custom recovery image will smoothly run on your device as there are no bugs, lags or other software related problems waiting for you in a dark corner, but you must make a backup of everything on your device so that you can restore the files if something goes wrong. Bu that, I mean that that you should take a backup of your internal storage, importnat contacts, SMS, call logs, photos, videos, apps and so on before proceeding with the following guide even though your data might not be wiped.
Also install the proper drivers on your PC and prepare your device. To be more precise, you have to enable developer options from the device’s Settings » About phone, scroll to the bottom and tap on “Build number” seven times to enable developer options. Then, enable USB Debugging, so go to your device’s Settings » Developer options and tick the USB debugging checkbox.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F:
- Download Odin by entering here;
- Also take the TWRP recovery package with the help of this link;
- Unzip Odin and install the program by following on screen prompts;
- Unzip the TWRP recovery file on desktop;
- Double click on the Odin executable file to run the program on your PC;
- Power off your smartphone;
- Up next, press and hold, at the same time, the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons;
- Connect your handset with your computer by using the USB cable and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin and an Added message in the log tab of Odin;
- If Odin does not show your device try installing Samsung USB drivers on your PC;
- From Odin, select the PA option and load the custom recovery file;
- Take care that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are selected in the Options tab. Do not check Re-Partition;
- Now, it’s time to verify everything once again and if everything is OK, then proceed with installation by selecting Start button;
- When done, the “pass” message should be displayed on Odin and the ID:COM field should be turned green;
- You can now unplug the USB cord and reboot your amazing smartphone!
That’s how you can install the TWRP recovery on your own Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge by using Odin!