App drawer is a popular built-in feature of Android or better said it used to be popular. But now, it seems that the feature is disappearing slowly from Android. For example, Google will ditch the app drawer from Android N, but the latest developer preview of Android N still has this app drawer, just as the latest LG G5 comes without the app drawer and Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge have an option to disable this feature.
Why should we have such an option? The answer is pretty simple: instead of helping, it seems that the app drawer confuses the users. I don’t know about you, but I am better without it, so let me guide you when it comes to removing the App Drawer on Samsung’s recent Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge smartphones.
When it comes to these two models, it seems that the option to disable app drawer is an nothing more than an experimental one, but the good part is that it works and it gets you the desired result. Diving into the settings on the Galaxy S7, you’ll find a new “Samsung Labs” area that lets you choose to do away with the traditional launcher app drawer and instead keep all of your apps on your home screens. Once you turn it on and tap once again in order to confirm your choice, then you’ll go back to the exact same launcher as before, without the app drawer to annoy you or cause any more confusion.
Here’s what you have to do:
How to Disable App Drawer in Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge:
- First of all, go to phone Settings;
- Find your way to Advanced Features;
- Enter into Galaxy Labs;
- Go to Start;
- Turn on the ‘Show all apps on home screen’ option;
- Then, you have to tap Ok to confirm the selection.
Now, the look is similar to iOS on the iPhone. All your app icons will reside on the home screens, but you still have the possibility to move them around to wherever you wish or add them to folders.
And if you ever change your mind, be sure that you can return to the default settings by simply completing the very same steps and turning off the feature.
More guides for you an these amazing new Samsung handsets:
- Enjoy Game Launcher and Gaming Tools on your Galaxy S7;
- Enter here and Learn to Enable Condensed Display Mode on Galaxy S7;
- Are you aware of the fact that you can Enjoy the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Scrolling Screenshot Feature on any Android Phone? The Stitch & Share app will do the magic, so read more from here;
- Use this guide and learn How to Root Galaxy S7 Edge G935F with CF-Auto-Root;
- Do you know that you can easily Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F? Use this tutorial and don’t skip the preparatory steps;
- How to Root your New Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F;
- Install Galaxy S7 Edge Ported ROM on your Galaxy S6.