CyanogenMod is an alternative operating system intended to replace the OS pre-installed on your Android device. Do you want that for your Motorola Moto E 2015 as well? The guide that you can find here will help you and be sure that you are making the right thing as long as the CyanogenMod 13.0 Stable ROM is based on the CM 13 Nightlies and on the AOSP Android 6.0.1 builds and brings you stock Marshmallow features, as well as other goodies added by the CyanogenMod team.
However, this tutorial is only for installing the CM 13 ROM on the Motorola Moto E 2015 smartphone, so do not try on any other variants. That is why I recommend checking the version of your phone under Settings> About Phone in order to make sure that there is no confusion.
All good at this chapter? Then, your phone should be rooted and have a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP installed right from the start. Even more, this must be updated to its latest version so that it supports the new Android 6.0.1 custom ROM installations or else the procedure will fail.
And even if you might not like it, I have to remind you that this tutorial will wipe out all your data, so you know what you have to do: you have to take a backup of all your data: contacts, photos, videos, apps and other files to be on the safe side and prepared for anything. For that, such guides are more than useful: How to Backup and Restore IMEI / NVRAM Data on Android Devices or Backup Android Data Without Root. Before you make the move to the actual guide, there is also essential to check the battery life left on your device.
And even after doing that, proceed at your own risk and assume full responsibility for your actions. Don’t blame me if something happens to your smartphone!
How to Install CyanogenMod 13 on your Moto E 2015:
- First of all, download CyanogenMod 13 by accessing this link;
- Also take Google Apps to your computer with the help of this link;
- Transfer the two downloaded files into the handset with the help of the original USB cord;
- Then, remove it;
- Turn off your Moto E 2015;
- It’s time to press and hold and press the Volume UP + Home Button + Power buttons at the same time in order to boot into Recovery mode;
- There, don’t hesitate to perform a Nandroid backup. Go to the backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS;
- After that, you must also swipe right to backup;
- After performing the ROM backup, while you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, you must perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset”;
- Now, you can start the CM 13.0 installation, so select the ‘install’ option;
- Find the CM 13.0 zip file and confirm the installation process;
- After the flashing process is done, you must also flash the Gapps zip like you did with the CM 13 file;
- Then, there is one more thing that you must do: you have to reboot your smartphone in normal mode.