Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is currently running on the latest Android Marshmallow system. I know that many of you prefer the stock Android OS, but are you aware of the fact that there are other options too? Based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, the CRISSCROSS custom ROM for Galaxy S6 can bring some amazing features to your device.
Deodexed, the custom ROM that I am telling you about includes Aroma Installer, 5 Way Reboot Menu, Call recorder, no less than 6 toggles in a row in expanded status bar view and Samsung’s theme engine.
Now, if you want to flash this version on your Galaxy S6 Edge, I recommend you to read all the lines from below.
Well, you must take a backup of any important data from your Samsung Galaxy handset as long as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process. I am talking about all your personal data, accounts, apps, internet settings, images, videos, audio files, calendar info, saved passwords, contacts, IMEI / NVRAM data and so on.
As I always tell you, the update file can be flashed only through a custom recovery image; in such a case, my only advice for you is to install the TWRP or CWM recovery. Let me also remind you that you will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, verify that you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge properly and don’t forget that you must use a computer for downloading the required files.
On your smartphone, enable Developer Options and check the USB Debugging by entering into Menu – Settings – About phone and taping several times on Built Number. Then, you have to access Menu – Settings – Developer options. Make sure your device is charged up to at least 60-65% battery level. If it goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update, installing mods and so on, then your Android phone might get bricked, so why taking any chances?
While this post is focused on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, the ROM is also available for other handsets such as Galaxy S6 G920K, or Galaxy S6. However, this guide can And let me tell you that you will lose the warranty of your phone, but this is nothing new. You must accept that if you choose to replace the stock Android firmware with a custom ROM that is only based on the official release.
How to Install CRISSCROSS Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge:
- Enter here and take the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on your PC;
- Also take Google Apps from here;
- Now, connect your phone with the computer using a USB cable;
- It’s time to copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card;
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge;
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously;
- Now, from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the procedure;
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard;
- Then, select choose zip from sdcard;
- Locate the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM for Galaxy S6 and confirm the flashing process;
- Go back to the main recovery menu;
- At the end, you must only reboot your smartphone into the new custom ROM;
- Note that the first boot takes even more than 5 minutes, so please be patient.