The recovery mode gives you the advantage of performing several operations which include the ability to update the software, completing a hard reset, and even creating a backup to protect from the loss of any information. If you will want to tweak and modify your new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for customizing or optimizing the Android system, like CWM or TWRP, then a recovery will be required too.
Starting to this point, you know the story: when putting the Galaxy S7 Edge into CWM or TWRP recovery, you can perform various operations like gaining root access, unlocking the bootloader, removing bloatware, installing a custom ROM firmware and lot more.
Thus, the following is a step by step guide on how to enter your own Samsung branded devices in recovery mode and enjoy all these.
Here are the simple steps to boot into Galaxy S7 Edge recovery mode:
How to Enter the Galaxy S7 Edge Recovery Mode (method 1):
- Power off your smartphone;
- Boot into Galaxy S7 Edge recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time;
- Release the buttons when the Recovery Mode options are loaded on your phone’s screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to the main screen of Recovery mode;
- You can also press Volume Down if you want to go back to the normal mode.
- You are now in the Galaxy S7 recovery mode, so when you want to switch back to the normal mode, you can simply use the Reboot option;
- If you want, you can easily exit this Mode by pressing the Power button for about ten seconds.
However, I must tell you from the start that if you already have a rooted S7 Edge smartphone, and have installed a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM, there is also another way to boot it into the download mode. I am talking about using third-party apps such as Quick Boot Reboot or ROM Manager from Google Play Store.
Here’s what you must do in this case:
How to Enter the Galaxy S7 Edge Recovery Mode (method 2):
- For the start, you have to enter here and take the Quick Boot Reboot app;
- Install it on your Galaxy S7 Edge;
- Up next, run Quick Boot;
- Grant Root Access;
- Select the ‘recovery’ option;
- Then, you must simply confirm Recovery Mode boot;
- This option will boot your handset into recovery mode, so have patience.
That was all for this time! Stay tuned for more Galaxy S7 Edge tutorials and tips and let me know if I can be of any help!