You know how things work: if you want to enjoy full access on your phone, you first have to apply a custom recovery image. This is what the TWRP recovery can ensure: a virtual path between you, as the user, and your phone’s internal system and things are no different for Samsung’s latest Galaxy S7 Edge G935F.
Once the recovery is installed, a world of possibilities opens for you: the list is long and includes dull backup of your system, flashing zip files, installing custom kernels, removing certain app, as well as other tweaks. To install the recovery on your brand new smartphone, just follow the steps from below, but let me tell you that even though the installation procedure is safe, the TWRP recovery is a third party app, developed by third party devs, so it’s pointless to consider it an unofficial operation.
Before starting the operation, don’t hesitate saving your data, info, accounts and everything that you care about. I am saying that as long as during the installation procedure, your data will definitely get corrupted, so waste no more time and take that backup. Then, prepare the computer where you have to install the Galaxy S7 Edge USB drivers and don’t forget to enable the USB Debugging feature and the OEM Unlock option. To be more precise, you must go to Menu – Settings – About phone and type a few times on Built Number in order to enable Developer Options.
And another important aspect is to check the battery status on your Samsung device before installing the TWRP recovery. I know that the installation is haunting you for days, but if you really want this to happen, I recommend you to charge your smartphone as if it gets turned off in the middle of the flashing process, the result might only be a soft brick. Is this what you have in mind? Then, plug in the charger and stop looking for troubles!
Now, just follow the guidelines in order to achieve your goal:
How to Flash TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge G935F:
- On your computer, take the TWRP recovery package from here;
- Extract this file anywhere in your computer;
- Now Download the Odin tool from here;
- Extract the zip file;
- Run the Odin_v3.10.7.exe file on your PC;
- Connect your Galaxy S7 Edge to your PC with the original USB cable;
- Power off your smartphone;
- Then, enter download mode, so press and hold the Home, Volume Down, as well as Power buttons together until you see the download mode screen;
- Once you enter into Download mode, you will see an ID: COM port turned blue and the Added message in Odin message box which means your device has been recognized by Odin;
- If this doesn’t happen, it could mean that your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable;
- Find and add the twrp-3.0.0-1-hero2lte.tar.md5 file (you downloaded it before) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin;
- Verify that only these two options are ticked: I am talking about “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“;
- Click on Start and wait while the installation process is being completed;
- When done, the “pass” message should be displayed and the ID:COM field should be turned into green;
- Finally, unplug the USB cord and reboot your phone.
If you have any questions, then comment below.