Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. This means that you can get the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on your Galaxy S7 and don’t say that this is not what you have in mind! By default your Galaxy S7 comes preloaded with the stock recovery environment and this means enduring various factory restrictions while you truly think of clearing the app data cache, flashing custom ROMs, installing custom kernels, gaining root access, install complex apps from Google Play or from other sources, removing bloatware and so on.
This TWRP 3.0.0 tutorial is only for Galaxy S7 G930F and G930FD models, so don’t try it on any other model. Go to Settings > About device on your Galaxy S7 and check your model no. It should be one of the two ones or do not proceed.
This TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery tutorial works with Android 6.0.1 and all future Android updates, but there is another problem that you must take in consideration from the start. This will erase all your personal data including what you have in the internal storage, so I have only one advice for you: first, you must take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Then, I must tell you that installing a Custom Recovery on your Galaxy S7 will trip the Knox warranty bit on your phone. It will void your phone warranty, and you won’t have to many chances to claim it (you can try to Restore the Warranty on your Android device, but it’s not always possible). That’s one more reason to pay attention to every step that you take in order not to brick or damage your phone. In such a case, you should learn how to manually unbrick your Galaxy S7 as taking your phone back to service means paying for the technical assistance and I am sure that this is not the best thing to think about!
And be prepared for the fact that this process will drain the battery life from your device in a blink of an eye. That’s why it is important to ensure that there is enough power left as this could lead to major software related problems at a later time.
With all these being said and will all the warnings reminded, let’s proceed with the actual tutorial on the TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery installation:
How to Install TWRP 3.0 on Samsung Galaxy S7:
- On your computer, download the TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery package for Samsung Galaxy S7 from here;
- Extract this file on the PC;
- Download ODIN v3.09 too;
- Switch off your phone;
- Then, go to Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down, Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a small triangle;
- Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode;
- Open ODIN on your computer;
- Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode;
- The ID:COM boxewill turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time, so have patience;
- Choose the downloaded file that you have to install on your phone;
- Click on PA and select the TWRP package file you downloaded before;
- Don’t check the Re Partition and the Auto Reboot Options;
- Now, click the Start button and it will start flashing the file;
- Wait until you see a Pass message in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will install TWRP 3.0.0 recovery on Galaxy S7;
- After the installation is completed, you should hold your Power Button, Volume Button and Home Button until the screen turns black;
- Then, let go of the Volume Down button and hold the Volume Up button while keep pressing the other listed buttons;
- This will boot the handset into Recovery mode and you should now see TWRP 3.0 custom recovery interface;
- You can now reboot your phone by touching the reboot option in TWRP.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S7 has now been flashed with TWRP 3.0.0.
So, this is the complete guide in easy steps, but you can still let me know if you need my help!