For those of you who might soft-bricked their Galaxy S7 Edge, who want to return the phone back for warranty, or simply want to go back to 100% stock, here’s a simple step-by-step tutorial you can use. I can assure you that this process will restore your phone back to its initial state and will also relock its system.
However, there are some important things that you must take in consideration before proceeding further. Firstly, flashing the stock Android firmware will wipe out the complete memory of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge including system and users files. Everything which is stored under the device’s memory will be deleted and it cannot be undone. So, the best is to avoid such an unpleasant situation and this can be done by simply completing a backup.
Then, understand that root access will be revoked, the bloatware reinstalled, the stock recovery image applied and all the factory restrictions flashed once more. So, be prepared to let go to your custom recovery, just as the fact that any third-party mod or app will be removed as well.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge USB drivers must be installed on your PC too, so don’t hesitate to use Samsung KIES for that.
How to Downgrade / Install Stock Android OS on Galaxy S7 Edge:
- Download Odin on your computer;
- Up next, install the program by following on screen prompts;
- Download the stock / official Android OS for your S7 Edge from Samsung’s official website;
- Power off your device and reboot into download mode: press and hold the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons for a few moments;
- Then,connect your phone with your computer with the help of the original USB cable;
- After making sure that Odin has recognized your device (the Added message must be displayed and the ID:COM field should be turned yellow or blue) from the program select the Ap option;
- Load the firmware file; don’t select the Re Partition and Auto Reboot options;
- Click on Start;
- Wait while your Galaxy S7 Edge is being updated;
- At the end, the usual Pass message will be displayed and the ID:COM field will be green;
- Then, you can remove the USB cable and reboot your phone.
If you still have questions, then share the problems with me and with other readers by using the comments field from below. Be sure that I will do my best to come up with a solution as soon as possible!