The great thing about the Samsung Galaxy S7 is the ability to view apps in “Split Screen View”. So, be sure of the fact that Samsung devices allow for owners to run two apps at the same time and yours is no exception. Why should you take advantage of this feature?
Well, this gives you the chance to check emails and browse the web, check movie times or watch an interesting YouTube video at the same time. Many don’t know about it, but it’s obviously that it can be very useful as the examples of what you can do may go on.
This feature practically lets two apps share the same Galaxy S7 screen so you can easily perform two tasks at once:
How to Use Apps in Split Screen on your Galaxy S7:
- Open the apps you wish to use as you normally would;
- The app must be one that supports multi-screen or else you will get a message informing you that the app doesn’t “support split screen view”;
- Tap the Recents Galaxy menu button button and like that a list of your running apps will appear;
- Navigate the list of apps by swiping up or down;
- Tap the multi-window icon placed to the left of the X in the app window. This will open in the upper-half of the screen. The apps that do not have the multi-window icon cannot be run in split screen mode;
- Select another app in the bottom portion and it will enlarge on the bottom-half of the screen;
- You are now using your Samsung Galaxy S7 in split screen mode.
A great feature on the Galaxy S7 is the ability to adjust the size of the multi-window mode windows. For that:
- Press and hold the Recents key;
- Open the first app you want to use;
- Then, don’t hesitate to open the second app you want to use;
- Press and hold the white circle in the middle of the two app windows;
- Drag the white circle to the very spot that you have in mind.
You can also quickly invert the positions of both apps that are opened:
- For the start, press and hold the Recents key;
- Open the first app;
- Up next, open the other app you want to use;
- Press the white circle in the middle of both apps;
- Press the invert positions button. It’s the furthest left button in the multi-window menu.