Google made several announcements back at Google I/O in May, but arguably the biggest was the reveal of Google Allo. This app has been said that it will be released later this summer for Android and even if it’s a little later now, here we finally have it!
Google Allo is a new smart messaging app that can help you get more right in your chats. To be more specific, Google Allo is here to help you make plans, find information, and express yourself more easily and the more you use it, the better it actually gets over time. Even more, this app is introducing a preview edition of the Google Assistant. With this new Assistant in Allo, you can have a conversation with Google — ask it essential questions and let it help you get things done directly in your chats, so what more could you be asking for?
Despite of all these, the usual problems regarding annoying people that keep following you everywhere can become a part of Allo too. To prevent one of your contacts or an unknown number from bothering you, you can block them in Allo with the help of a few simple steps and this is what you should do if your ex doesn’t get the point of moving on and dating others, if you old colleague still thinks that you are supposed to see each other five days per week and so on.
Here’s what you must do to get things right:
How to Block a Contact or an Unknown Number:
- First of all, you have to open Allo;
- Tap and hold the conversation coming from that contact or number that you don’t know;
- Select Block;
- You can also choose the Turn off notification for a certain contact or number, so in such a case, the first thing is still opening Allo;
- Then, tap the conversation in cause;
- Tap the contact name or number on the top of the screen;
- Tap the Mute icon or Turn off notifications and that’s pretty much all you have to do!
Has this guide been useful? I know that it might be early to ask such a thing since Allo has just made its actual entry, but what do you feel so far about Google’s Allo? I would love to hear your opinion in the comments area from below or in the contact form as soon as possible.