Here I am with a fresh article that talks about Samsung’s Galaxy S7 issues and solutions. I can only hope that some of you will find this post helpful in fixing your issues, so let’s proceed. There are many Galaxy S7 owners complaining about the fact that they are constantly missing text messages, form a certain number as the phone isn’t making a sound when they come through.
To tell you the truth, I first had a hard time believing that whenever anyone else texts them, they don’t have this problem, but now, that it happened to me too, I know that there is no joke about that. I initially turned the Volume up high and have made sure that I have selected a sound which is really loud and yet, the story repeated and only for a certain number.
If you are in the same situation, here’s what worked for me:
How to Solve Galaxy S7 Lack of Sound Notification when receiving SMS from a Certain Number:
- Sometimes, simply manually wiping the cache partition is all that you have to do for such a problem. The system will automatically create a new set of cache files that next time you load your apps.
- Turn off the Galaxy device;
- Press and then hold the Home and Volume Up buttons at the same time and then press and hold the Power key;
- When the logo of your Galaxy S7 smartphone shows on the screen, you can let the Power key go, but keep holding the Home and Volume Up ones;
- When the Android logo shows, you can finally let both keys go;
- Using the Volume Down key, navigate through the options until reaching to the one that says wipe cache partition – this one must be high lightened;
- Once highlighted, you may press the Power key to select it;
- Now highlight the option ‘Yes’ using the Volume Down key and press the Power button to select it;
- Wait until your phone is finished doing the Master Reset;
- Then, choose the Reboot system now option.
- If this tip was no good and the error is still there, then it’s time to move to the next one – wipe the messaging app’s cache and data next in order to determine your Galaxy S7 reset all notification settings back to default. Here are the detailed steps for this procedure:
- First of all, you have to enter into Settings;
- Up next, go to Applications;
- Select Manage Applications;
- After that, tap the All tab;
- Find the messaging app and tap it;
- Tap Storage;
- Now, you will immediately see the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
Have you succeeded with this procedure? I hope so, but any case, remember that we are here to help you even with those particular situations that initially seems to have no fix. Just share your story with us and we’ll do our best to see if there is anything else that we can do for you. And don’t hesitate to interact with our community in our Facebook and Google+ pages.