Over the last year, WhatsApp has unveiled a variety of features to widen communication abilities between its users and to make them happier and more satisfied. Now, there is another example for that, so I am glad to inform you that the updated WhatsApp with support for video calling for Android has officially been released.
While Google was busy developing Allo and Duo – which are a real success- Facebook made sure that WhatsApp would be able to compete with both of them.
According to WhatsApp, when the rollout is complete, over one billion users around the globe will gain access to its new video calling feature, but if you don’t like waiting, you simply need to update your version and get the feature to make your first video call. It might happen to have your Android device not set to receive automatic updates, so don’t hesitate to go to the Google Play and check for any possible available updates.
Follow the steps below if you cannot wait for WhatsApp video calling.
How to get WhatsApp video calling feature right now:
- Open Google Play and search for WhatsApp or access this direct link in order not to waste any more time;
- Open WhatsApp’s Google Play listing;
- Up next, you have to scroll down towards the bottom of the page;
- In the section that says Become a beta tester tap on I’M IN;
- Confirm on the next screen and wait for a few minutes;
- Come back to WhatsApp listing page on Google Play;
- You should see an option to Update WhatsApp to beta version;
- Update the app;
- Up to this point, placing a video call is easier than you might first imagine. The only requirement is that both you and the one you are trying to call have updated the WhatsApp application with the latest feature;
- If this is not an issue, pap on the contact you wish to chat with;
- Up next, feel free to tap on the camera icon on the top right corner;
- The video interface is simple and intuitive, thus making your call even more enjoyable.
Another possible option is to download the WhatsApp APK that comes with support for video calling (v2.16.354) from a website like APK Mirror. However, this is only for advanced users, therefore I can only recommend you to follow the above-mentioned steps to officially get the WhatsApp beta version for video calling and other features, and stay away from the risks associated with downloading the WhatsApp APK.