Can’t you open a Galaxy S7 Edge Email Attachment? There are plenty of difficulties in opening PDF files and other attachments from emails on your Galaxy S7 Edge and when you click on the Adobe PDF icon on the email, you are probably asked if I want to view or save it.
When you click the view option, the Adobe program seems to open but quickly disappears without opening the file. The very same thing happens if you attempt to save the file. Is there any way to get things back to normal?
How to unable to open Galaxy S7 Edge Email Attachments:
- If you are unable to open an email attachment, make sure that you have the appropriate app for that. If you don’t, then go to Google Play Store and take care of the problem now: for e.g. a PDF viewer to open PDF files;
- You can try to solve the problem by removing the email account and then adding it once again. The procedure is not at all complicated and here I am to guide you:
- First of all, touch the App Icon;
- Then, you need to touch the Accounts tab;
- After that, you must also touch the Email account with which you are having problems;
- Touch More;
- Then, touch remove account.
- After this procedure, you have to re-add the account. If you use a third-party email app, then you can simply install the apps and set up the account again, but if there isn’t the third-party email app, you can follow the steps below.
- Enter into Settings;
- Up next, yap the Add account option;
- Select Email;
- At the end, just register the account again.
- After that, if the procedure was in vain and the error is still there, on your Galaxy S7 Edge, you have to back up all the media, text messages, photos, videos that you wish to save and so on for the next step. As you are imagining, I am ready to suggest a factory reset will wipe your phone clean, restoring the software to how it was when the device left the factory and this means getting a fresh start with no errors. If you need more help with that, use the procedure here described: How to Hard Reset the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.