Are you aware of the fact that there is a way to change your system font to your own handwriting? I have always told you that everything is possible on Android, but I bet that you haven’t thought about this up to now and if you did, you wouldn’t see it as an actual possibility.
The truth is that there are many reasons to why you may want to change your device font to your own handwriting. It might have something to do with preference for adding a personal touch to everything or maybe you want something different or the current font does not complement the current theme or device that you are using.
The point is that like that you can see everything on your device in your own handwriting. Well, I can only imagine that your handwriting is more appealing than mine, so in this tutorial, I will show you how to use your own handwriting as a font in Android devices.
For your information, this works on rooted devices handsets running on Android, just in case you’re worried that it won’t work on your device; it will. If you have not rooted your Android device and you are tempted by the idea, take a closer look to some of these rooting guides and I bet that you will find the perfect one for your device as well.
Please follow the following steps properly to ensure nothing goes wrong and everything works as it is supposed to.
Learn to Use Your Handwriting as Font in Android:
- Go to the MyScriptFont website by accessing this direct link;
- Then, you need to download the template in PDF or PNG format;
- Take a print of the template and fill it using a good black pen. Just make sure the characters are readable or you are wasting your time;
- Scan the filled sheet with a scanner (don’t take a snap from your phone as it won’t work out well) at 300-600 DPI to ensure the quality;
- Now, visit the MyScriptFont website once again and upload the scanned template;
- Set a cool name to your font;
- Then, you need to click on Start;
- Download the generated font (.ttf) file and transfer it your Android device;
- Download a 3rd-party application such as iFont with the help of this link;
- Then, you must open it (keep in mind the fact that it only works on rooted devices, so do not follow this method if you device is not rooted);
- Now, click on My Font;
- Also click on ‘Click this’ text;
- Go to your downloaded .tff file and select it;
- Click on ‘Set’ and it will set your font.
That’s it! This was quite an easy process to set your own handwriting as a system font in your device, don’t you think that too?