When it comes to Galaxy S8, the truth is that this smartphone has been leaked more than any other Android phone. We’ve had screenshots, rumors and press leaks about the handset and yet, the madness doesn’t seem to stop. Who am I to pretend that I don’t care? It would be a lie as I love the fuss around this device and as you know, I have constantly come with goodies from the Samsung Galaxy S8’s software these past few days.
This guide here is no exception. Today I am going to show you how easy is to install Samsung Galaxy S8 Weather Widget and soft keys on your Galaxy handsets.
For this to be possible, there are a few things to take in consideration. To be more precise:
- If you own the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge model, the handset must run on Android 7.0 Nougat. There is no need to root required if you are just looking for the weather widget; however, for soft keys, a rooted device is a must;
- All previous Galaxy versions require custom S7 or S7 Edge ported ROM with Android 7.0 Nougat. Besides that, you must have the option “qemu.hw.mainkeys” in your build.prop for the procedure to work;
- You must also open your phone Settings and go to Settings – > Security – >Device Administration section and enable Unknown sources;
- Make sure that your device is decently charged in order to avoid any surprises.
Get Samsung Galaxy S8 Weather Widget and Soft Keys on Galaxy Devices:
- Here you can find the both the APKs that I have told you about from the start;
- Install the two files;
- Go into Settings->Applications;
- It’s time to clear data by going into Weather and Weather forecast apps, Storage->Clear Data;
- If your device is already rooted, you can install Build Prop Editor app from the Play Store and set “qemu.hw.mainkeys” value to “0”;
- Reboot and you should see you have Galaxy S8 weather widget and soft keys working!